We all need some stress in our lives – some pressure helps us rise to a challenge, and gives us energy – that adrenalin rush can be very helpful in short bursts!
Yet each of us has a tipping point, where stress is no longer helpful, but harmful, and over time this can build up until we constantly feel overwhelmed.
The good news is that we can all get better at stress, how we think about it, how we manage it – and how we can turn it to our advantage. By doing so, we’re also developing resilience.
This workshop is for you if:
- You are setting out on your career path and want to achieve the right blend of work and personal life
- You are a senior manager who is feeling under pressure and at risk of ‘burn out’
- You want to be able to recognise work related stress in the employees you manage
- You want to engage staff, retain your best people and help them build resilience as their careers develop
During the workshop, you will learn:
- How to recognise what triggers stress in yourself and others
- How to stop the ‘amygdala hijack’ (the flight/ fight/ freeze response) and manage your responses more effectively
- How emotional intelligence can help break unhelpful habits
- How creating ‘presence’ can help you take control of the situation
- How to overcome setbacks and extended periods of pressure to emerge stronger, more able – more resilient
By the end of the workshop you will:
- Experience a shift in your thinking about stress and your attitude to it
- Be able to recognise your response to stress and react more positively
- Understand how self-awareness and self-management enhance your day to day stress management
- Have a range of practical tools and techniques to manage stress and build your resilience
Your Trainer: Jacqueline Heron
Date: 5th April 2017
Time: 9:30 – 16:30
Location: London TBC
Price: £400.00 + £80.00 VAT