With all the discussion around gender equality, much of the focus has been on women and the impact motherhood has on their career.
But what about the challenges fathers face? Why are more not taking up shared parental leave? Why do so few take flexible working? And what are the challenges for a dad who decides to take the primary carer role?
We believe that if men shared more of the responsibilities that come with being a parent, it would have a dramatic impact on their partners and ultimately gender equality. This event will explore how we can make this happen.
Join us for an evening of meaningful discussion about how we change culture so that more men can take parental leave and flexible working. We want men to leave with a sense that it’s possible, a realisation that we’ve only just began to talk about the benefits and challenges; having had a conversation they haven’t had before; and ultimately wanting to be more involved in driving equality in the workplace.
This event is for:
- Fathers and fathers-to-be
- Mothers and mothers-to-be
- HR Directors
- Inclusion and Diversity officers
- And anyone who is passionate about gender equality
Confirmed speakers include:
- Roxanne Hobbs, Founder, Hobbs Consultancy
- Daniele Fiandaca, Co-founder, Utopia & Token Man
- Nadia Nagamootoo, Director, Avenir Consulting
- Nikki Wilkinson, Strategy Director, St Luke’s
- Rose Van Orden, Head of Effectiveness & Planning Director, St Luke’s
- Andrew De Groose, Entrepreneur
- Anna Hickey, Managing Director, Maxus UK
- Tom Beardshaw, Executive Coach, The Executive Coaching Consultancy LTD
- James Spinney, Co-Head of Equity Capital Markets, Strand Hanson
- 6.00pm- Registration
- 6.15pm- Intro from Roxanne Hobbs and Daniele Fiandaca
- 6.30pm- Nadia Nagamootoo presents the Case for Equality
- 7.00pm- Initatives in our Industry
- 7.15pm- Panel
- 7.55pm- Quick Hack
- 8.10pm- 10 things & Close