Societe Generale are actively seeking for a Company Secretary Assistant on a part time basis based in London to provide administrative support to the company secretarial team for the SGPBH Group companies as appropriate ensuring that the board and committee members receive the administrative support necessary for them to undertake their duties.
Committee and board services
- To ensure the effective servicing of a number of Group and/or operating company boards, committees and associated meetings. This will include summoning meetings by organising the Microsoft calendar invites, collating papers and ensuring their timely distribution, attending meetings, preparing approval of accounts or dividend minutes and follow up action plans.
- To attend meetings in various jurisdictions (UK, Channel Islands, Gibraltar).
- To create board meeting packs on BoardPad, the electronic portal.
Record keeping and compliance
- Maintain and periodically update the SG company secretarial IT system “STP”.
- To file at Companies House and prepare statutory returns in various jurisdictions (UK, Channel Islands, Gibraltar).
- To assist in the maintenance of statutory records and registers.
- Assist with relevant corporate governance projects which may arise from time to time.
- Assist with the development of internal board training programmes.
- Any other ad hoc duties as requested
- Professionalism & Enterprise
- Team Spirit & Collaboration
- Knowledge of legal regulatory and industry requirements
- Knowledge of SG Hambros and SG business processes, standards, policies and procedures
- Analytical Thinking
- Communication skills
- Planning & Organising
- Strategic & Commercial Awareness
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Proven board administrator or PA experience gained working at senior board level each with particular experience of company secretarial duties
- ICSA graduate or undertaking the ICSA qualification.
- Demonstrate some experience of board/committee administration
- Travel with UK and Chanel Islands, a flexible approach to working hours
- Advanced MS Office skills and computer literate
- French language capabilities
- Experience of Channel Islands and / or Gibraltar Companies
- Experience of Banks, Trust Companies, and /or Fund Administration Structures
- Self-starter with a proactive and flexible approach to their work, able to exercise a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in problem solving and be confident outside their ‘comfort zone’;
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills, including ability to work to tight deadlines, evaluate and prioritise work schedules with minimum input;
- Excellent communication skills at all levels with the confidence to be able to respond clearly to queries and questions
- Strong attention to detail and ability to handle a large volume of information
- Business competence and general commercial awareness to enable effective contribution to SGH Group objectives.
- Timely and accurate production of minutes
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It’s personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like ‘hard work’ and ‘dedication’ together with ‘community’ and ‘respect’ has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it’s what makes us different. It’s what makes you different.