Speed networking event for women solicitorsWe know from a number of studies including our own career obstacles research (2010) and the legacy report from our International Women in Law Summit 2012, that networking is extremely important to the career development of women solicitors.
This is why we are partnering with We are the City to offer a speed-networking event for women lawyers in England and Wales on Wednesday 15 July 2015 from 18.00 – 20.00 at the Law Society, 113 Chancery Lane, London.
This event will bring women solicitors working in city law firms together with senior women working in corporate in-house departments and city law firms.
In practical terms, the networking part of the evening will last for an hour, during which time the attendees will spend 15 minutes at three different tables, each with its own ‘senior legal woman host’. The networking will be group based and the whole session is designed to be both friendly and informal. Following the event, a networking drinks reception will take place in the Reading room on the ground floor.
Time: 17:30 – 19:30
Location: The Law Society, 113 Chancery Lane, London WC2A, UK
- 17.30 – 18.00 – Registration
- 18.00 – 18.45 – Panel presentations
- 18.45 – 19.45 – Speed networking
- 19.45 – 20.00 – Closing remarks
- 20.00 – 21.00 – Drinks reception
Networking table hosts
- Clare Belcher, head of legal, Travelex
- Susan Black, partner, member of Gender Committee and lead for HSF Women Lawyers Network, Herbert Smith Freehills
- Alison Eddy, managing partner, Irwin Mitchell
- Kathleen Garrett, partner, Arthur Cox
- Sarah Gregory, employment partner, chair of Diversity Committee, Baker and McKenzie
- Nicole Kar, partner, Linklaters
- Jane Keir, senior partner, Kingsley Napley
- Janet Legrand, senior partner, DLA Piper
- Samantha Magwana, partner, Slater & Gordon
- Rosemary Martin, general counsel, Vodafone
- Bonella Ramsay, partner, co-chair, Life Sciences sector, DLA Piper
- Amanda Stevens, partner, Irwin Mitchell LLP
- Liz Walker, general counsel, Bt Global Services
Funke Abimbola, managing counsel UK and Ireland, Roche Products
Mary Ann Wright, partner, chair of the Women Lawyers Division, DWF
Who should attend?
This event is open to female solicitors, associates, trainees and in-house counsel, working in legal practices in England and Wales.
Places are limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.