WeAreTheCity has teamed up with Cosmopolitan to offer our readers a 20 per cent discount on tickets to the Cosmopolitan Self Made Summit.
Using the promotional code WATC_SelfMade will give you 20 per cent off tickets until midnight on Friday 7 April.
Whether you’ve got a million-pound business idea, are itching to switch careers or simply want some inspiration from the best minds in business, technology, beauty and celebrity, then join us at Cosmopolitan’s first ever Self Made Careers Summit in association with Very.co.uk on Saturday 22 April.
WHEN: Saturday 22 April, 9.30am – 5.30pm
PRICE £50 + Booking fee & VAT
WHERE County Hall, etc.venues, Westminster Bridge, London
- Farrah Storr, editor, Cosmopolitan Magazine
- Rosie Fortescue, fashion blogger & jewellery designer
- Hugo Taylor, Co-Founder & Creative Director, Taylor Morris Eyewear
- Fleur De Force, fashion & beauty YouTuber
- Laura Jackson & Alice Levine, broadcasters, authors & cooks
- Rob & Paul Forkan, founders, Gandys & Orphans for Orphans
- Stina Sanders & Valerie Stark, founders, Huggle
- Jen Ronan, head of small business EMEA, Instagram
- Alice Liveing, fitness guru & blogger, Clean Eating Alice
- Louise Pentland, fashion & beauty vlogger
- Lisa Hilton, author & historian
- Charlotte Knight, founder & creative director, Ciaté
- Jess Schuring, founder, Heartcore
- Vanessa Sanyauke, founder & CEO, Girls Talk London
- Lana Hopkins, CEO & founder, Mon Purse
- Jean Queen Donna Ida Thornton, founder, DONNA IDA DENIM
- Helena Morrissey, head of personal investing, Legal & General Investment Management & founder, 30% Club
- Anna Jones, co-founder, AllBright
- Stella Creasy MP
- Marcia Kilgore, advisor-at-large, FitFlop, Beauty Pie & Soaper Duper
- Alexia Inge, CEO, Cult Beauty
- Kristina Karlsson, founder, kikki.K
- Sophie and Hannh Pycroft – Founders of Spectrum Collections
The full line up will be revealed soon so watch this space!
Cosmopolitan will bring you a packed day of celebrity talks; speed networking sessions and interactive workshops all dedicated to empowering you to achieve your #careergoals. You’ll be able select the sessions and speakers most relevant to you, tailoring your day to get the most out of our top speaker line-up*.
There’ll also be styling advice from Very & Cosmopolitan’s Fashion team, delicious food, a drinks reception, FREE goodie bags, personalised card holders from Mon Purse and much more.
Highlights of the day include:
Make me famous: the power of social media to launch a million pound brand. Hear from social media superstars such as Louise Pentland and Clean Eating Alice who’ve used their online profile to launch a successful business venture.
Flourish after failure. Let’s be honest we’ve all f**ked up at some point. Hear those who’ve bounced back (and then some) tell us to how build resilience and stay positive in the face of career catastrophes.
Career flips: how to successfully upcycle your job. Changing industries can be daunting; our panel will share personal experiences of their successful switches to help you take the plunge. Whether it’s going for that top job – or changing industries all together.
The funding formula – great advice from people who really know. Coming up with a million-pound business idea is the easy bit, but securing the all-important funding to turn the idea into reality is trickier. Get the inside track from our experts.
Speed networking workshop. The summit will end with two hours of cocktails and power-talking with everyone you’ve met and heard from that day. But first – learn how it’s done from those who network for a living.
*Sessions and speakers may subject to change
PLUS – The Pitch Palace. Got a great idea already? Sign up to our pitch palace for the opportunity to showcase your business idea to our panel of expert judges for the chance to WIN a six-month office space at Second Home in central London and be kitted out with the perfect work wardrobe from Very to match. What more could you need to kick-start your dream enterprise?