20% discount for WATC members – see below
We are the City are partnering with City & Financial Global for their annual “City Code on Takeovers and Mergers” conference. The new Director General of The Takeover Panel, Crispin Wright will be giving the keynote address at the event taking place on 23rd September in London.
Mr Wright has penned the following open letter on the subject.
“In the first three months of 2015, the value in the UK M&A reached £40.6 billion. Worldwide over the same period, M&A activity grew by 25%, the strongest first quarter since 2007. Following the UK General Election, activity in the UK can be expected to increase further.
The principles-based philosophy which underpins the City Code on Takeovers and Mergers (the “Code”) enables the Takeover Panel to deal rapidly with new situations and to give guidance on a real-time basis to the parties involved in takeovers and other transactions involving corporate control. In the 47 years since its inception, the Code has changed considerably to take account of developments in market practice. The Panel’s basic principles, however, and its ability to react flexibly and promptly to fast-moving circumstances, remain essentially the same.
The Panel is now implementing the ‘post offer undertaking regime’ in the wake of the AstraZeneca/Pfizer case. So far this year we have issued a public consultation on dividends and have further consultations planned. At this, the thirty-fifth conference in the series, we will be commenting on the impact of the latest developments in the market on Panel policy.
The event will also provide a forum for discussing all aspects of the Code. In doing so, it will assist practitioners and their advisers in keeping up to date with the regulation of takeovers and other transactions involving corporate control in the UK.”
An exceptionally strong speaker panel includes:
- Crispin Wright, Director General, The Takeover Panel
- Stephen Wilkinson, Partner and Joint Global Head of M&A, Herbert Smith Freehills LLP
- Edward Baker, Partner, Simmons & Simmons LLP
- Adam Bogdanor, Partner, Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP
- Lee Coney, Partner, Clifford Chance LLP
- Carlton Evans, Partner, Linklaters LLP
- Nicola Evans, Partner, Hogan Lovells International LLP
- Seth Jones, Partner, Allen & Overy LLP
- Ursula Newton, Partner, London Capital Markets Group, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Piers Prichard Jones, Partner, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP
Cost: £545 + VAT – £436.00 + VAT when using discount code TC35WATC at the submit payment stage if booking online.
Alternatively call +44 (0) 1483 479331 or email [email protected] mentioning the discount code in either instance.