Date/Time: 28th March – 19.00 to 21.00
If you feel you could achieve more in your career, but something (that maybe you can’t quite put your finger on) seems to be holding your back, then this meeting is for you.
Perhaps you’ve honed your functional knowledge, and developed your communication skills and your influencing skills, but you’re not progressing or getting the opportunities or promotions you feel you deserve. Or perhaps you’re also getting resistance to your inputs and proposals.
If any of this this sounds familiar, maybe it’s time to look beyond the obvious and get a fresh perspective on some of the other factors that can affect how you come across. Get the key insights and tips that will ensure you signal better that you have what it takes to step up in your career!
In this session you’ll hear about :-
• How to uncover your unconscious patterns and habits that affect how you come across, and how to use this new information to fine-tune your interactions at work.
• Powerful techniques that will give you a significant competitive edge when there’s an opportunity to get ahead.
• How even if you feel highly self-aware, you may inadvertently be ‘rubbing some people up the wrong way’ at work and how you can rectify this.
• How to check whether your words and your demeanour are sending conflicting messages which subtly undermine your credibility, and how to realign them.
• What’s going on when you find yourself overwhelmed by strong feelings or unable to keep your cool under pressure, and what’s needed to address this.
• How your thinking style, decision making style, language, energy levels, and focus may be subtly undermining your impact and holding you back from where your skills and know-how could so obviously take you.
About Careers Reinventors 40+
Career Reinventors 40+ helps midlife professionals to reinvigorate or reinvent their careers to find more meaningful satisfying and rewarding work.
Midlife professionals face external pressures from globalisation, organisation restructuring and increasing automation and artificial intelligence, this can leave professionals feeling overworked, unappreciated and insecure. In addition, just as psychologist Carl Jung identified; by the age of forty, many people question what they want from their lives and what they want from their careers. Everyone’s heard of the so-called ‘midlife crisis’. Jung attributed it to a ‘search for meaning’ and also a need to live a more ‘authentic’ life. This can lead to people wanting to develop and use talents that they may have previously neglected, and perhaps pursue a new career path.”
Midlife professionals need to discover personal strategies, and develop individual career reinvention plans – and that’s what Career Reinventors 40+ supports them to do.”
About Trudy Lloyd BA(hons), MBA, MCIM
Trudy Lloyd is an award-winning professionally qualified career coach, business coach and facilitator.
With over 25 years’ experience in large and small organisations, consultancies and having started her own businesses, Trudy understands the world of work and the challenges it throws up for professionals. She helps people to stand back from the chaos of their busy working lives, and to uncover what they really want, how work fits into their world, and how they can succeed in all areas of their lives.