Date/Time: 31/05/2018 @ 19.00 – 21.00
If you’d like to earn more or open up new career opportunities including finding more satisfying work, but it hasn’t happened yet, then this meeting is for you.
Your skill set greatly influences what employers or clients will pay you and what career opportunities are available to you. But after 10, 15 or more years or work, you may be overlooking some of your skills – even important ones. Also, you may not be aware of your ‘genius touch’ in an aspect of your field – a skill area which employers might be prepared to pay your more for.
Join us to get clearer on what it takes to analyse your skills, and to deepen your understanding of the full skills package YOU have to offer. We’ll also look at how you can unlock the hidden VALUE of the treasure chest that is your skill set. This will set you up to go after the roles and opportunities you really want – including jobs that move you in a new and more fulfilling direction. You’ll also discover how you have more to offer than you think, and how to leverage your skills to get increased pay and rewards.
In this meeting you’ll hear about :-
- A fool proof way to identify the skills that you have, so that you’re not underselling yourself and you get the rewards in full you deserve.
- A paradigm shift in the way you look at skills so you can open up the career paths and opportunities you long for, but which you may feel are unreachable because of the career path you’ve taken to date.
- The difference between skills, attributes and traits which will help you to differentiate yourself from the rest of the field and increase your chance of getting a more senior role.
- The fundamental errors in skills analysis that midlife job seekers and career changers make that cause them to miss out on their dream professional roles, or even have to ‘trade down’ to stay employed.
- The key barriers you face to identify and leverage your skill set and how to overcome them so you can open up new opportunities.
- Proven tools and techniques that you as a professional can use to categorise your skills, which can help you move towards more fulfilling and meaningful roles.
- Fresh ideas about how to increase your income from your accumulated skill set.
About Careers Reinventors 40+
Career Reinventors 40+ helps midlife professionals to reinvigorate or reinvent their careers to find more meaningful satisfying and rewarding work.
Midlife professionals face external pressures from globalisation, organisation restructuring and increasing automation and artificial intelligence, this can leave professionals feeling overworked, unappreciated and insecure. In addition, just as psychologist Carl Jung identified; by the age of forty, many people question what they want from their lives and what they want from their careers. Everyone’s heard of the so-called ‘midlife crisis’. Jung attributed it to a ‘search for meaning’ and also a need to live a more ‘authentic’ life. This can lead to people wanting to develop and use talents that they may have previously neglected, and perhaps pursue a new career path.”
Midlife professionals need to discover personal strategies, and develop individual career reinvigoration and reinvention plans – and that’s what Career Reinventors 40+ supports them to do.”
About Trudy Lloyd BA(hons), MBA, MCIM
Trudy Lloyd is an award-winning professionally qualified career coach, business coach and facilitator.
With over 25 years’ experience in large and small organisations, consultancies and having started her own businesses, Trudy understands how professionals need to find a working environment where they can channel their talents, connect with others and feel a sense of belonging. She helps people to stand back from the chaos of their busy working lives, and to uncover what they really want, how work fits into their world, and how they can succeed in all areas of their lives.