Worldpay are seeking a new Analyst (with either experience or entry level) to join their team based in London on a permanent basis.
For the ease of the industry interchange rates are determined by the card schemes however it is not as simple as a “1 size fits all” charge. Many factors influence the applicable interchange charge that is applied to a transaction such as the country of card issuance, country of the retailer, transaction method etc and frequent updates announced by the Card Schemes have to be taken into consideration from an impact perspective. Within this role you will become a subject matter expert on all Interchange related matters. You will be involved in updating the relevant sales teams on Interchange developments, creation of internal communications, creation and provision of interchange related analytics, partnering with technology so updates are captured.
Review process and SME support
- Support Senior Manager of Interchange in managing review process with business, pricing and technology, ensuring continuous improvement and commercially viable business decisions are taken
- Act as an SME to advise the business on interchange; identify and drive through continuous improvement initiatives which support and enhance the delivery of business objectives
- Provide consultancy/support to the respective business units as to the implications of scheme technical/operational changes and the timelines of their implementation
- Build relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels, including senior stakeholders, in the business and provide them with specialist advice to facilitate decision making and resolve issues
Impact analysis & clearing monitoring
- Identify and analyse interchange changes and work within a cross functional team to identify and understand their impact
- Guide management decision making to ensure due consideration is given to the business implications of all options
- To liaise internally and externally to ensure complete documentation and information for decision making
- To manage individual investigations and ensure full traceability and documentation at completion.
- Evaluate requirements and making recommendations for the various scheme mandatory changes in all countries in which Worldpay operates either as a direct member or service provider, such that scheme dates are met.
- Management of information library to ensure information is documented and complete
We are prepared to consider candidates from two types of background for this opportunity.
You will either be a recent graduate who has a passion for data analysis and a commitment to developing their capabilities in this area (particularly in relation to usage of Excel and SQL to support analytics). You should also have a keen interest in developing your appreciation of technology platforms and understanding of key business and commercial drivers. You should also be numerate with great communication skills. Naturally, for the right individual we are prepared to provide initial and ongoing training to enable you to be successful in this role.
Alternatively we will also considered experienced data analysts (2-3 year experience) with a demonstrable background in working with large volumes of data. Any International Card Scheme or Acquiring experience would be desirable.
Candidates meeting the brief will be requested to complete one of our innovative video based screening applications where you will be able to directly demonstrate why this opportunity appeals, your understanding of the role and highlight your suitability and strengths.
We look forward to hearing from you.