Now backed by a billion dollar holding group, Capco is a leading global provider of integrated consulting, technology and transformation services dedicated solely to the financial services industry. Capco works closely with their clients to deliver complex and innovative solutions to Business and Technology problems faced by the world’s foremost financial institutions. Capco currently operates out of 14 locations worldwide and is recognised as an industry leader in complex package integration and is increasingly being turned to as a trusted partner during periods of financial instability. Capco clients span from investment banks to retail banks and from hedge funds to insurance companies offering services in Risk, Finance, IT package implementation, Post Merger integration and Project Management Office. Capco has over 800 professionals worldwide and is planning to grow aggressively in the UK, Europe and globally.
As part of our ongoing global expansion strategy, Capco is setting up an FRC (Finance, Risk & Compliance) practice within our London office consistent with the approach to market across Europe and North America. The intent is to build the leading Risk and Finance global consulting practice over the next 2 to 3 years. As a new build out we are currently seeking to recruit a number of Risk Management consultants and professionals to join this new team.
As a consulting / advisory team member, you would be expected to have an in-depth understanding for one of Market, Credit or Operational Risk within Capital Markets, Banking or Investment Management. You would be familiar with the Regulatory environment that surrounds your sector and be able to articulate the major themes, issues or constraints facing the market participants.
We have a variety of open roles ranging from technical advisory to business and technology analysts; we will select candidates who are able to demonstrate a well rounded knowledge of this domain and who can demonstrate the skills of a professional advisor
Working as part of the team to develop FRC London and the broader FRC Global franchise
Develop an understanding of how risk management issues are impacting client business operations and work within the FRC team to develop commercial solutions
Sharing knowledge and insight with fellow FRC practioners
Representing FRC to the wider Capco family of services
Develop propositions and deliver client engagements
- Experience within the Financial Services Industry consummate with grade applied for in any of Market, Credit or Operational risk management
- Technical Advisory – A quantitative or prudential regulatory risk background
- Business consulting – Be able to develop functional analysis, target operating model development and functional specifications
- Have an understanding of the key technology and data issues impacting risk management systems and operations. Ideally be able to describe the components of an enterprise risk architecture and have in-depth knowledge of the major solution providers. You have experience as either a risk technologist or data architect and be capable of producing detailed technical specifications
- have the ability to analyse client/market issues and define solutions that stay within the commercial, operational and regulatory constraints of the market
- are comfortable presenting complex solutions in clear and concise language
- have the capacity to handle multiple and often conflicting demands
- can demonstrate engagement management and leadership skills
- are self motivated and comfortable managing your own career
- Preference for a numerate/relevant degree ideally 2:1 or above
100% travel to client site may be required
Salary Competitive + Bonus
Recruiting Company Summary
Company Name CAPCO
Posted Date 05/28/2013 01:32:00
The post Banking Vacancy of the week : Risk Consultant appeared first on WeAreTheCity Careers City.