Our passion is food and creating meals from scratch with only fresh ingredients. We believe these delicious ingredients not only taste great but are also the best remedies for curing colds and keeping the body healthy. Here is a recipe for our common cold fighting Chicken Soup. We have created this dish using 4 of our top cold fighting ingredients that we have revealed in the previous two articles.
MY Food Chicken Soup
1 organic free-range chicken
2 sticks of celery
1 clove fresh finely chopped garlic
1 teaspoon fresh chopped ginger
2 bay leaves
1 tablespoon dried mixed herbs
1 bunch of flat leaf parsley
Squeeze of whole fresh lemon juice
4 litres of water
How to cook MY Food Chicken soup for your cold – Serves 6
- Top and tail the carrots and cut in half.
- Cut the leek, celery, carrots and onion into big pieces and put into a large saucepan.
- Add the whole chicken and cover in cold water.
- Then add the finely chopped fresh garlic, ginger, bay leaves, mixed herbs and half of the parsley.
- Slowly bring the pan to boil and then turn right down and leave to simmer for approximately 3 hours.
- Drain all the stock into another saucepan leaving you the cooked chicken to skin and debone, then add it back in.
- If you prefer a smooth soup you can use a blender.
- Finish with a handful of chopped parsley, check the seasoning and add a generous squeeze of fresh lemon… enjoy!
We would love hear how you found our soup recipe and even better see some pictures of your masterpiece! Join us on Facebook and share your cold fighting experiences, maybe you have a favourite cold fighting ingredient you would love to share
[related_posts limit=”7″ image=”100″]