Bloomberg is partnering with Women Returners to launch the second Bloomberg Returner Circle, a London-based initiative to support and engage professionals who have taken an extended career break and are now looking to return to the workforce. Bloomberg is committed to developing a more diverse workforce and recognises both the value of this experienced group and the challenges they can encounter in restarting their careers in suitable corporate roles. This Returner Circle is best suited for individuals with 2 to 7 years of experience as an analyst or strategist within a financial institution or corporate environment.
Returner Circle Format & Benefits to Participants
Bloomberg and Women Returners will host this event in December for a small group of returners with relevant experience. The objectives are to provide return-to-work support and information, together with an initial exploration of opportunities within Bloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF) and Bloomberg’s Financial Products teams.
On the first day, participants will have the opportunity to learn more about Bloomberg through speaker sessions and networking with employees who are members of the Working Families and Women’s communities. They will also participate in coaching workshops from Women Returners to develop their self-marketing and interview skills and will benefit from networking with a like-minded peer group of returning professionals within the Returner Circle.
The second morning will comprise discussions to provide an initial mutual assessment of fit with Bloomberg and to potentially match career goals, experience and skills of attendees with relevant roles within Bloomberg New Energy Finance and other areas of Bloomberg.
Following the Returner Circle, participants may be invited to apply for a permanent full-time London-based opportunities that will become available through the first half of 2016.
Target Participant Profile
Successful participants are likely to have:
- Career break of 1-5 years.
- 2-7 years of professional experience prior to career break.
- Interest and enthusiasm for the energy industry and/or the financial markets.
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to provide clarity and transparency on complex topics.
- Strong expertise in Excel and other MS Office applications.
- Excellent communication skills: writing, speaking, and ability to graphically present data.
- Attention to detail and ability to assimilate and assess information.
- Ability to effectively work in a close-knit and collaborative team.
- Fluency in one or more language other than English is preferred.
- Educational background in natural sciences, engineering, economics, business or finance is preferred.
The Returner Circle will take place on 2nd December (all day) and 3rd December (morning only) at Bloomberg’s London offices.
Application Process & Closing Date
To apply please send a CV and a cover letter, outlining your motivation for applying for the Returner Circle and how you match the target participant profile, to [email protected]
For more information on:
- Bloomberg LP see here
- Bloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF) see here
- Bloomberg’s posted career opportunities see here