BNY Mellon are looking for a candidate to join the Mgr Client Processing team in Manchester.
Role Synopsis and Required Skills and Attributes
• Understanding of Corporate Actions (Mandatory and optional)
• Knowledge of Dividends for UK \ Unit Trust and International markets
• Good understanding of SWIFT, Crest, Bloomberg, IDC and other data providers
• A good understanding of the industry from a regulatory and operational perspective
• technical and functional knowledge as required for the role
• Understanding and experience of using Global CSD GUIs
• Word & Excel competent
• Strong Management and People Skills
• Staff Development and Training
MyCareer Path Description and Position Summary
Primary responsible for performing mandatory corporate action-related custody and accounting processing requirements. Also responsible for managing and controlling high levels of risk and liability inherent in the various functions and for reconciliation activities, client reporting and proration on transactions
Manages a Corporate Actions team responsible for providing corporate action Event Capture and processing in all markets.
Member of the Asset Servicing Management Team.
MyCareer Path Primary Responsibilities
• Manages the team and the daily transactional workflow within the team and aligns team resources accordingly to complete the daily tasks. Identifies areas requiring analysis of operations and resolution for more efficient operations.
• Approves the work product and operational output of staff to ensure accuracy on corporate actions activity. Reviews files for completion and compliance with execution of risk controls.
• Coordinates with internal departments and external sub custodians, custodians, depositories, agents, and brokers to ensure that daily work meets organizational standards.
• Provides training for new team members and cross-training of all team members; ensures adequate staffing allocation, performance and personnel management of team. Responsible for development of policies and procedures and management of written supervisory procedures.
• Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
• Responsible for achievement of team goals. Ensures team is equipped to operationalize and attain team objectives. Manage the human resources of the team, including coaching, performance management and career development. May manage financial resources of the team (budgets, expenses, etc.).