Company Secretarial Assistant required by Ladbrokes on a permanent basis, to be based at their Head Office situated in North West London.
Ladbrokes operates across shops, telephone betting, mobile and online. In every channel we strive for innovation, quality and distinctiveness. We want customers to have an easy and engaging experience, which sets us apart from the competition. In fact, we want our customers to be our biggest fans! We have a tremendous track record dating back to 1886 and today the Ladbrokes team is 16,000 colleagues in the UK, mainland Europe and beyond. If you’re passionate about sport and have a ‘can do’ attitude, Ladbrokes is the place for you!
Main Purpose of the Role:
Reporting to the Group Company Secretary (GCS) [with a day-to-day reporting line to the Deputy Company Secretary (DCS), this role involves providing high quality corporate secretarial services and support to Ladbrokes plc and the Group’s numerous entities. Candidates should be part-qualified or newly qualified ICSA members.
- Assisting the DCS with statutory and regulatory compliance of Ladbrokes plc as prescribed by the Companies Act 2006 and Listing, Disclosure and Transparency Rules, including making routine RNS announcements, assistance with blocklisting applications, preparation of Finance Committee minutes for Ladbrokes plc on day-to-day matters and updating the issued share capital and directors’ / PDMRs’ interests spreadsheets.
- Maintaining insider lists for the Company and ensuring persons on insider lists acknowledge the legal and regulatory duties entailed.
- Carrying out corporate secretarial compliance of some 130 Group entities in the UK and overseas and providing support on all corporate secretarial issues relating to the Group entities, including drafting minutes/resolutions, dealing with ‘standard’ Companies House submissions, ensuring all company records are maintained on Blueprint and the Group Structure Chart is kept up-to-date.
- Assisting with preparing sections of the Annual Report and Accounts of Ladbrokes plc (e.g. the directors’ report, directors’ bibliographies, part of the remuneration report and tables and workings for the notes to the financial statements).
- Assisting the DCS with arrangements for the Annual General Meeting (AGM) (and any General Meeting (GM)) of Ladbrokes plc, including the preparation and mailing of shareholder communications (e.g. AGM circular and proxy forms).
- Assistance with the maintenance of records for the Company’s employee share plans, including award grants, maturities, share allotments, monthly / quarterly share plan and trustee reconciliations and assisting the DCS with share scheme tax returns.
- Supporting the GCS and DCS in the administration of meetings of the Board and Board Committees, including creating and loading Board packs onto Diligent, maintaining the Resource Library on Diligent and managing the meeting arrangements and taking minutes for the US Sub-Audit Committee.
- Maintaining the departmental Process Notes, including creating any new Process Notes which are required and ensuring existing ones are reviewed on a regular basis.
- Assisting the GCS or DCS on any new areas of work/projects as required.
- Ensuring the corporate secretarial and regulatory compliance of Ladbrokes plc and the Group’s UK entities. Note: non-compliance may result in fines, criminal sanctions and reputational damage for the Group and its numerous officers (i.e. directors and Company Secretary).
- Acts as support and administrator for the team on general daily duties
- Educated to degree level.
- Part of Fully ICSA qualified – Associate or Fellow.
- At least 2 years company secretarial, ideally in a FTSE350 environment.
- Experience of using Blueprint (or a similar entity management system).
- Broad ranging minute writing experience.
- Working knowledge of existing statutory and regulatory legislation.
- Able to build successful internal and external relationships.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Superior attention to detail.
This is an urgent requirement at Ladbrokes, and interviews will take place ASAP. If you feel you have the requisite skills and experience for the Company Secretarial Assistant position, then please send your CV across to Elaine in the Ladbrokes Resourcing Team.