What is the OnRamp Fellowship?
The Fellowship is a returnship programme that places experienced women who have taken an extended hiatus from the workforce into six- to twelve-month paid fellowships with top law firms and financial services firms in the UK, Australia, and the US. This unique re-entry platform gives returning women a chance to broaden their experience, skills, and contacts while demonstrating their tremendous value in the marketplace.
We are currently recruiting in London for six-month positions with the Compliance and Financial Crimes departments at Barclays and twelve-month lawyer positions in various practice groups with Herbert Smith Freehills and Hogan Lovells.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
Women who have at least three years of legal or financial services experience and have taken a hiatus for two or more years are eligible to apply. Additionally, law firm candidates should be qualified in a jurisdiction that is recognised by the SRA.
What Opportunities are Available?
- Barclays plan to hire three Fellows through the OnRamp Fellowship in one or more of the following Groups in London: Compliance Monitoring and Testing, GCS Control Room Surveillance, and/or Financial Crime – Sanctions. Please see here for more information on the available positions and to apply. Applications submitted by 21 October will receive priority consideration.
- Herbert Smith Freehills is currently recruiting for a Professional Support Lawyer – Dispute Resolution and a Corporate Lawyer in Financial Services Regulatory. Please see here for more information on the available positions and to apply. Additionally, eligible women who are interested in potential openings in other areas are encouraged to contact [email protected] to join a priority interest list.
- Hogan Lovells is currently recruiting for positions in Insurance/Reinsurance Litigation and Tax (contentious). Please see here for more information on the available positions and to apply. Additionally, eligible women who are interested in potential openings in other areas are encouraged to contact [email protected] to join a priority interest list.
Benefits to Returning Women:
- A paid, six- to twelve-month position to gain additional experience, skills, and contacts;
- Training by specialists in negotiations, leadership, oral advocacy, and project management;
- A skills and writing assessment report with individualized developmental tips; and
- A career counselor who works one-on-one with you to assist with your re-entry and advancement in the profession.
For priority consideration on currently open positions, submit an application by 21 October 2016, at on-ramp.fluidreview.com.