The first Inclusive Networks Award welcomed and celebrated those responsible in creating, running and organising diverse networks on Thursday 19th November, at the Band On The Wall, Manchester.
The event was the brainchild of Thomas Anderson, the founder and Chief Executive of Inclusive Networks, and aims to ‘recognise the people who make the networks live and breathe, many of whom volunteer substantial amounts of their own time, as well as a thank you to the organisations that support and encourage their work and that of an inclusive society.’
The event was partnered by the charity, Ditch The Label, an award-winning, anti-bullying charity. Ditch the Label provide support for young people and work with schools, colleges, parents and guardians to try and erase bullying.
Attendees were entertained with a steel drum band, aptly named Steeldrumband, Ri Ri’s Dance Academy and singer Maria Kelly. American comedian, Kate McCabe, hosted the awards and there were also inspiring speakers and presenters such as Jane Kenyon, founder of Girls Out Loud and the former BBC Apprentice star, Sanjay Sood-Smith.
WeAreTheCity were the proud sponsors of the Employee Gender Network of the Year award and presented the award to EY for their Women’s Network.
Other winners of the night included:
- PwC: [email protected] – Employee LGBT Network of the Year, sponsored by Manchester Pride
- North East London NHS Foundation Trust: Black and Minority Ethnic Staff Development Network – Employee Race, Ethnicity & Cultural Heritage Network of the Year
- Lloyds Banking Group: Access Network – Health & Wellbeing Network of the Year
- Action for Children: Celebrate LGBT – New Network of the Year, sponsored by EY
- Citymothers and Cityfathers – Professional Network of the Year, sponsored by Contracts IT
- Manchester Lesbian and Gay Chors – Social Network of the Year, sponsored by Canal St
- Black Solicitors Network – Inter-Sector Network of the Year, sponsored by Fujitsu
- Tesco: OUT at Tesco – Network Team of the Year, sponsored by Diversity Jobs
- The University of Bradford, n-able: Cath Rose and Gill Cockburn – Network Leader (s) of the Year, sponsored by Girls Out Loud
- Black Solicitors Network and WILL: Funke Abimbola – Inspiring Member of the Year, sponsored by Action for Children
- BNY Mellon’s PRISM Network and George House Trust: UK AIDs Memorial Quilt – Collaboration of the Year, sponsored by Tuk In
- PwC, [email protected]: #bigGLEEday – Network Event of the Year, sponsored by Barefoot Wine
- Transport for London, OUTbound: #RideWithPride – Network Engagement Initiative of the Year, sponsored by PayPal
- York St John University: Jo Thompson – Network Champion of the Year
- Lloyds Banking Group – Investor in Network Groups
For more information about the awards and Inclusive Networks, please click here.
You can also follow Inclusive Networks on Twitter and Facebook.