Controls and processes
- Maintain control environment for all areas
- Contribute to review of policies, processes and procedures to identify weaknesses and improve controls
- Management reporting – monthly management accounts, including ensuring reconciliations are completed on a timely basis ·
- Statutory reporting – manage the annual audit through to final accounts submission for all group entities and ensure all filing deadlines are met
- Responsible for working with professional advisors to ensure all tax filings/ payments are accurate and meet filing deadlines
- Review of payroll for processing by outsourced provider and payroll journals for monthly accounts.
- Manage tax reporting for individuals including:
- P11D reporting
- Overseas tax returns for employees working overseas
Systems and processes
- Proactive management and improvement of systems including supplier relationships with Access.
- Manage and develop Finance team: plan and manage the team’s activities to achieve targets and to meet the demands of the business
- Ensure the FD is advised of key operational issues and problems.
- Maintain and update own knowledge of reporting and tax issues, keeping abreast of changes in legislation and practice, ensuring that knowledge is shared and acted upon as appropriate
Well, it’s really up to you. Baringa is what you make it.
We are a great place to work – but it’s not just us that says that. We have won a top ten spot for the eighth successive year in the top places to work by the Great Place to Work Institute. Reporting into the Finance Director, you will have management of the Financial team and overall responsibility for reporting and controlling within the Finance function. You decide what training you get – we will invest in you, to ensure you remain the best in the business
So what are we looking for?
- A new colleague who brings their own views and perspective based on their experience to date
- Experience of working in a professional services environment
- A fully qualified accountant with team management experience
- Knowledge of time and expenses systems and crystal reporting
- Tax knowledge
- An understanding and appetite, if not experience, of supporting a high growth business
The professionalism of our individuals, partnership approach to engagement and comprehensive package of delivery has created a truly unique consultancy. We believe in genuine partnerships and create client relationships, driven by results. If you want to be part of this entrepreneurial environment and want to help make a difference to our business, then we’d love to hear from you!
Are you looking to join a company that values its culture as highly as the work it does? In a business where the people are always put first? With colleagues you value and trust?
We can provide you with all of that and more.
Baringa is a 500-person management consultancy. Our market leading growth in the Energy, Financial Services and Telecoms and Media industries, along with our continued ambitious expansion plans mean that we can continue to offer our employees the progression and development they are looking for.
We are in an incredibly exciting phase of growth, having doubled in size over the last three years, and have the intent to do so again – entering into new sectors and progressively expanding internationally. This newly created position has come about as a result of this expansion, and will be responsible for the management of the finance team and overall responsibility for reporting and controlling within finance function.