Thomson Reuters are looking for a Content Manager – Thought Leadership to join them in London.
They will be responsible for delivering a programme of best-in-class thought leadership content that engages customers, users, influencers and prospects, including hard-to-reach C-level. The thought leadership programme aims to create fertile ground for Sales, build customer loyalty and support the Legal UKI growth strategy by building credentials in opportunity spaces.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Plan, own and develop the Thought Leadership and Content strategy for Thomson Reuters Legal UK & I , ensuring it is aligned with the global Thought Leadership Content platforms and tent poles and business objectives.
- Own, develop and maintain the Thought Leadership and Content calendar, writing, commissioning and editing content as required which covers pertinent and topical customer and marketplace issues and which is aligned to the businesses’ Content Platforms and business objectives. Target three new pieces of content per week as a minimum.
- Own TRLUKI blog platform; drive enhancements to the content platform and work with digital team to manage customer journey from content to Legal Solutions site.
- As well as written content, ensure content calendar includes a proportion of video and visual content including video interviews, infographics, filmed panel discussions etc. Work with relevant Multi-media Content producers to achieve this.
- Work with Strategy and Segment Directors, Head of Proposition Marketing, Channel Marketing Managers, PR Manager and Events team to develop a pipeline of ideas for new video, written and visual thought leadership content (e.g infographics) that will support business objectives.
- Build and maintain a network of external experts: lawyers, consultants, experts who act as bloggers for the Legal UKI business. Ensure broad coverage, identifying experts in all required areas.
- Leverage internal experts across the Legal business and other areas of Thomson Reuters to ensure that Thomson Reuters voice is also a key element of our thought leadership programme. Work with internal experts where appropriate to create thought leadership pieces
- Work with academic and third party institutions to develop and deliver relevant content, and ensure third party events generate content.
- Maintain mutual flow of content and ideas between US awareness centre, Answers On team and Legal UKI, ensuring US content is relevant to UK audiences, and UK content is promoted to US audiences.
- Working with the Practical Law Practice Area Heads and senior Editorial teams to understand and leverage existing in-product content in the business that can be repurposed/curated for Thought Leadership and Content purposes
- Ensure widespread awareness of Thought Leadership and Content calendar within the wider business, but in particular the Marketing function and work with both Channel and Product Marketing Executives/Managers to use content in marketing campaigns and paid-for editorial opportunities
- Own the TR Legal UKI Twitter handle and the Linked In showcase page and make other social media account owners aware of content available for sharing on social media
- Work with Channel Marketing team to monitor success and engagement of content through: clicks on newsletter/hits on blogs and social media engagement scores. Report monthly on most successful pieces and use information to help shape editorial calendar
- Line management of Junior Content Editor
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Must possess writing and editing skills
- Ability to develop relationships and build and maintain networks with industry experts and senior customers
- Good understanding of the legal market
- Proven ability to collaborate across multiple functions/organisations and influence at all levels
- Proven experience developing engaging content for professional services, financial or b2b markets
- Ability to build and leverage from a wide network of contacts
- Ability to use initiative and work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to drive projects forward.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Journalism, editorial or content experience
- Experience with working with digital/video/visual content
- Highly customer focussed and results driven
- Good relationship skills with a cross-business collaborative approach
- Strong organisational/project management skills
- Self-driven, robust, dynamic and energetic with the ability to work both individually and as part of a high-performing team