Our aim is to attract the best talent and provide an accelerated career path for the progression of high achievers. Lloyd’s seeks to promotes and retain a diverse workforce, harnessing different skills, experiences, backgrounds and capability to enhance our business performance. Applications are welcomed from all suitably qualified candidates irrespective of gender, age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability or religion and selection is based on merit.
To assist the Reporting Manager International in meeting objectives concerning the financial reporting, management and security of the society’s assets.
To support the Global Markets (GM) business unit accounting and relationship management activities within Financial Control.
Major responsibilities and accountabilities
- Assistant unit accounting role for Global Markets assigned regions (established offices), management reporting and commentary, results analysis and review, business partnering, as required
- Assist with the International planning process and the annual budget / forecast and rolling forecast exercises. Identify initiatives to improve the accuracy and frequency of the organisation’s ability to forecast and implement initiatives
- To build and maintain the suite of Infor Q&A (SUN/Excel interface) reports for the International Reporting team
- Support the Reporting Manager International to execute business process streamlining projects, ensuring compliance with the Overseas Network Control Framework (ONCF)
- Support the roll out of the agreed change initiatives to the assigned regions (established offices)
- Liaise with other members of the department (including overseas offices) and management to promote efficient processing and sound financial control
- Provide management accounting support and advice (subject matter expertise) to assigned regions, as required
- Assist with the production of papers and reports to the Executive Team, Franchise Board, and Council, as required
- Provide cover for other members of the International Reporting team, as required
- Assistance to the Reporting Manager International and Corporation with projects and ad-hoc tasks, as required
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Part qualified (ACCA or CIMA) accountant
- Has gained experience in a management reporting role
- Practical experience of dealing with multiple stakeholders or similar
- Good relationship management and communications skills
- Good analysis and report writing skills
- IT literate, with experience of collating, analysing and reporting information
- Good problem solving / issue resolution skills Has good planning and prioritisation skills and is able to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously