Join Hemsley Fraser for their new Autumn 2018 learning event which will be filled to the brim
Join Hemsley Fraser for their new Autumn 2018 learning event which will be filled to the brim with opportunities for you to learn and engage more closely with issues that affect your working day.
The day will be bursting with informative learning sessions from talented trainers, award winning speakers that have worked their way up the corporate ladder as well office icons that have experienced the ups and downs of being an office professional.
The new autumn PA Conference will take place at: London, etc.venues, St Pauls – 200 Aldersgate. How to get there.
Please find below your programme for the day:
- 09.00 – 09.30 Registration, Breakfast Pastries and Networking
- 09.30 – 09.40 Welcome and Introductions
- 09.40 – 10.40 Session 1 – The Power of Profile with Vanessa Vallely
- 10.40 – 11.40 Session 2: Earning your Place at the Table – Making an Impact in Meetings and Note Taking with Dani Littlejohn
- 11.40 – 12.00 Refreshments
- 12.00 – 12.30 Session 3 The Magic Ingredient to Wellbeing with Lorraine Groves
- 12.30 – 13.30 Lunch
- 13.30 – 13.45 Session 4: NoWww breathing exercises with Lorraine Groves
- 13.45 – 14.45 Session 5 Taking the Reins: Game Changing Ways to Manage your Manager with Ian Caldecourt
- 14.45 – 15.05 Refreshments
- 15.05 – 16.05 Session 6: Abracadabra : The Magic of Words with Lindsay Taylor
- 16.05 – 17.05 Session 7: Time and Self-Management for the Busy Office Professional
- 17.05 – 18.05 Drinks reception
Session 1: The Power of Profile with Vanessa Vallely
Personal profile can be one of the most powerful elements in your business armoury, but you have to know what tools and techniques will help you build it, protect it and drive your success. Culturally, many people are brought up not to “toot your own horns” or “shout about our successes”, but in today’s highly competitive world if you don’t stand out you’re likely to watch those with profile pass you by on their way to the top.
Throughout this interactive and practical session Vanessa will share stories from her career about how she rose from project analyst to COO and launched two successful businesses in less than six years. Vanessa will provide the top tips she’s picked up in corporates, as an entrepreneur and as a network leader on how to become comfortable with raising your profile, including:
- How to stop feeling like an imposter
- Thinking about ”who” your personal brand is
- The Importance of networking
- Speed networking – getting to know your fellow guests
- Optimising your social media profiles for your professional life
- Coach, Mentor, Sponsor – who will help you drive your career
- The importance of giving back
Session 2: Earning your Place at the Table – Making an Impact in Meetings and Note Taking with Dani Littlejohn
- How to prepare for the meeting
- Make a confident first impression
- Get others to listen to your ideas
- Provide effective, efficient notes of the event
Session 3: The Magic Ingredient to Wellbeing with Lorraine Groves
How flexible are you? Before you straighten your legs and bend over to touch your toes, I don’t mean physical flexibility but psychological flexibility. We live in one of the most exciting times in history, with rapidity of change, however this can bring ambiguity, stress, anxiety or confusion. When we lack the skills to be flexible in our approach, or are unwilling to change the things that aren’t working for us, things can seem overwhelming. It is easy to get stuck in place. How we adapt to the demands of life affects our wellbeing.
This session will cover:
- The magic ingredient of psychological flexibility
- How paying attention to the present moment can help you become unstuck
- How to transform your relationship with challenging emotions, thoughts and feelings
- Some (mental) exercises to cultivate psychological flexibility
Session 4: The Magical Spell of NOWww with Lorraine Grove
A spell is a set of words that are spoken or unspoken, which are considered to invoke a magical effect. The magical spell of NOWww is a brief yet highly effective breathing exercise that can be done anywhere, at any time and uses our five senses to bring awareness to the present moment to increase wellbeing. We are already in the Now, but not always aware of being in the Now. Using your breath and your five senses as focus, you can notice how your body feels right now; be open to your current experience (and observe); and be willing to experience everything as it is, to allow your body and brain to come together as a whole, which promotes wellbeing.
N – notice
O – openness (to experience; observe)
W – willing (be willing to experience everything as it is, and accept things as they are, without trying to change them)
w – whole (allow the body and brain to come together as a whole)
w – wellbeing
NOWww, what would your magical spell be to bring awareness to the present moment?
Session 5: Taking the Reins: Game Changing Ways to Manage your Manager
We all have to work with a boss, but sometimes they don’t see things in the quite the same way as us. This session will look at the different ways our brains can look at a problem or situation and how we look to solve it. By using these techniques we can help our boss succeed and feel that we have had a positive influence on the situations.
This will help us ‘Manage our Manager’ for optimum results
The session will cover:
- The way we think and solve problems
- Understanding issues from a different perspective
- Developing techniques to manage upwards
Session 6: Abracadabra : The Magic of Words with Lindsay Taylor
“Words have a power, a magic to them that can transport you to a different place; that can evoke feelings, sounds, movements and images. One word, no matter how many letters it contains, how many syllables or beats there are to it, can hold vast meaning. One word, spoken or heard, can create a wave of implications and consequences. Consequences good or bad. Implications positive or negative. Magic.” Lindsay Taylor
At this interactive session we will explore The Magic of Words. You will learn:
- To appreciate that words mean different things to different people
- How to use sensory rich words to engage your audience
- The benefit of using motivational words to achieve goals and outcomes
- How to “change your label” to promote positive thinking
Session 7: Time and Self Management for the Busy Office Professional with Ian Caldecourt
We all feel stretched and there is always so much to do! Balancing work and life isn’t always easy but essential to succeed in your career. This session will cover how to manage your time, both in and out of work, so you get the most out of your day.
The session will cover:
- Planning your working day
- Maintaining a realistic schedule
- Saying no when it really matters
- Staying positive throughout the day
(Thursday) 09:00 - 19:00
Chancery Lane 50-52 Chancery Lane London WC2A 1HL