13/11/2018 - Breaking Barriers Future Proofing Your Career
Breaking Barriers is for those looking to get on the career ladder, excel in their profession or start/grow their business.
Breaking Barriers is for those looking to get on the career ladder, excel in their profession or start/grow their business. It includes:
1) Actionable Keynotes from successful business leaders
2) Focused breakouts sessions to build your career and business, covering 3 themes (1) career progression, (2) Enterprise / Growing your business, (3) Health & Wellbeing
3) Connections with high-level contacts & employers with professional opportunities
Key Note Speakers
- Bijna K. Dasani, Head of Architecture and Innovation at Lloyds Banking Group
- Melissa Di Donato, Digital Core COO at SAP
- Peter Grainger, Co-founder at CafePod
They have all overcome obstacles to achieving their success (read below to find out about their stories)
Career Progression Workshops
- Managing your career and your personal brand by Hugo Coppier, GLCM Digital Director at HSBC Bank PLC
- Perfecting your CV to land your dream job by Peter Panayotou, Senior Consultant at The Write Stuff
- Building a plural career by Bijna K. Dasani, Head of Architecture and Innovation at Lloyds Banking Group
- Leadership, HR Policies and practices to create flourishing employees and organisations by Dr Jummy, MBA Directory at the University of East London, Chair of UEL Women’s Network and the Equality and Diversity lead for her school.
- Transform your Linkedin profile into your new business card by Gianapaolo Alfana, Senior Partner and Board Member
Enterprise / Growing Your Business Workshops
- Building an international brand (lessons from turning 5 retail brands from loss-making into profitable international brands) by Fraser Harper, CEO at P4D & E-Gistics
- Escape the 9-5 workshop; how you can free yourself from the 9-5 rat race, establish a work routine that fits in with your ideas and lifestyle by using the skills you already have by Ebony Gayle, Author, Speaker and advocate for Independence and Entrepreneurship and Founder of the Ebony Gayle Communications in 2013.
Health and Wellbeing Workshops
- Smash Self Limiting Beliefs That Hold You Back From Achieving Success by Courtney Jones, Head of media Intelligence client services.
- Helping entrepreneurs that struggle with fears and procrastination by Arya Badia, Director at MissFirestar.
More speakers and workshops to be announced
- 6.00 pm Registration
- 6.25pm Opening Remarks
- 6.30pm Speaker talks
- 7.15 pm Classes Commence
- 8:30 pm Networking
Aims: Network, Learning, Achieving
- Networking: Connecting entrepreneurs with each other, highly skilled professionals and the UK’s brightest prospects
- Learning: Give all attendees valuable skills and tools that they can apply to grow. If our economy is to grow then business and entrepreneurs must be given as much assistance as possible
- Achieving: All attendees will leave the event with tools that they can take apply into their business/careers and achieve the aims they want.
The workshops fall under 3 Themes:
- Career Progression / Professional Development
- Enterprise / Business Growth
- Health & Wellbeing
There will also be a chance to WIN a free hour mentoring session with one of our mentors as a raffle prize.
(Tuesday) 18:00 - 21:30