If you feel that ‘something’s shifted’ recently and you feel flatter or less engaged with your
If you feel that ‘something’s shifted’ recently and you feel flatter or less engaged with your career and long to get your career spark back, then this meeting is for you.
Your change of heart about your career may be driven by external factors; a new boss, a missed promotion or changes in your organisation. Or it may be driven by changes in YOU; longing for something new, for better pay, to work with new people on new projects, or because you need flexibility to handle caring or other responsibilities. Either way, this session will give you space to start to reflect on your career, to open up to career change or career development, realise that your feelings are valid and that there are ways forward to career fulfilment and career happiness again.
What’s more, by reinvigorating or reinventing your career at midlife you may be surprised to uncover brand new opportunities to increase your earnings by identifying new more lucrative markets for your professional skills. Or you may discover that you’ll be able to maintain your earning power for longer – up to and (beyond) retirement even – through finding work that motivates and inspires you so much that you just want to keep on doing it!
And if the prospect of career change feels daunting, don’t worry. This meeting will provide you with a safe space to explore career options; with no pressure to consider bigger career changes than you feel ready for. You’ll gain confidence through hearing inspiring career stories of others who’ve stood in your shoes and made career choices that were right for them. You’ll come away reinvigorated by how many new career possibilities there are at midlife.
Included in this meeting :-
- Why it’s important to listen to your career dreams and desires – even if they seem impossible right now, as they can guide you as to what will truly make you happy in your career.
- How you can overcome past career ‘conditioning’ from parents, family, colleagues, teachers and friends that may be trapping you in a role or profession that’s not ‘you’, so you can move forward to work that you’re truly fired up about.
- A career reinvigoration and career reinvention process that can help you to understand yourself and your ‘career needs’ at a deeper level so that you can identify new career options that fit better with your current situation and what you want in 2018.
- How even if you feel well and truly ‘stuck’ right now, you can release yourself and move forward to a more meaningful and satisfying career.
- The tools and techniques that can take the stress and weightiness out of decision-making and remove your fear of ‘getting it wrong’ or ‘losing’ what you’ve achieved so far.
- How you CAN resolve your apparently conflicting career desires e.g ‘new challenges’ vs ‘stable employment’, or ‘doing what you love’ vs ‘earning big bucks’. You’ll learn how you don’t have to make either/or decisions, and that you can have BOTH.
- How to think about money so it doesn’t roadblock the career change or career development process.
- What separates those who succeed and those who fail in career development and career transformation.
About Career Reinventors 40+
Career Reinventors 40+ helps midlife professionals to reinvigorate or reinvent their careers to find more meaningful satisfying and rewarding work.
Midlife professionals face external pressures from globalisation, organisation restructuring and increasing automation and artificial intelligence, this can leave professionals feeling overworked, unappreciated and insecure. In addition, just as psychologist Carl Jung identified; by the age of forty, many people question what they want from their lives and what they want from their careers. Everyone’s heard of the so-called ‘midlife crisis’. Jung attributed it to a ‘search for meaning’ and also a need to live a more ‘authentic’ life. This can lead to people wanting to develop and use talents that they may have previously neglected, and perhaps pursue a new career path.”
Midlife professionals need to discover personal strategies, and develop individual career reinvigoration and reinvention plans – and that’s what Career Reinventors 40+ supports them to do.”
About Trudy Lloyd BA(hons), MBA, MCIM
Trudy Lloyd is an award-winning professionally qualified career coach, business coach and facilitator.
With over 25 years’ experience in large and small organisations, consultancies and having started her own businesses, Trudy understands how professionals need to find a working environment where they can channel their talents, connect with others and feel a sense of belonging. She helps people to stand back from the chaos of their busy working lives, and to uncover what they really want, so that they can find work that is meaningful and satisfying to them, and create and enjoy their exciting next chapter.
(Thursday) 19:00 - 21:00