29/08/2018 - Your First Simple Step Towards Midlife Career Reboot (Online)
You’ve wondered about developing or changing your career at midlife… But you mostly
You’ve wondered about developing or changing your career at midlife… But you mostly push those thoughts away. You’ve got enough on your plate right now… and where would you find the energy? …And anyway, better the devil you know – right?
In this meeting we’ll be opening up to those ‘niggles’ you feel about your career, and those times you feel ‘called’ to make changes to your working life. You’ll discover that far from being a chore, rebooting your career at midlife can be a joyful and fun journey which will build your confidence and enlighten and energise you for your thrilling next chapter.
I’ll meet you ‘where you’re at now’ with your career development or career change plans. I’ll welcome you into a supportive space with no pressure to consider bigger changes than you want to make, so you can relax and enjoy the meeting.
Included in this meeting:-
- What it really means when you feel that your job ‘isn’t you’, and how you can use this information to get started with career change or career development that can lead you to a situation that excites and fulfils you.
- What’s happening when you feel you ‘should’ be doing your role, but you’re really not enjoying it. Understand this, and you’ll be on your way to living in a more ‘authentic’ place, from where you can make deeply satisfying career and life choices.
- What you can learn from that inner voice telling you that your role and title look good on paper – and it would be madness to ‘chuck it in’. With new insight, you’ll be able to take back control, and increase your self-belief that you can make positive changes at midlife.
- What’s behind your pattern of non-stop work that puts you on a high… when at the same time you’re finding you’re neglecting important aspects of your life outside work. You’ll gain deep insight into your relationship with your work, and be better placed to work towards a more balanced and fulfilling life.
- How you can move beyond those feelings that your education, training and qualifications – and years of graft have brought you to THIS point, and no one would pay you to do anything else. You’ll discover how you can start to tap into your creativity and open up brilliant opportunities that will enable you to have money AND meaning.
About Careers Reinventors 40+
Career Reinventors 40+ helps midlife professionals to reinvigorate or reinvent their careers to find more meaningful satisfying and rewarding work. Work they’re more fired up about
Midlife professionals face external pressures from globalisation, organisation restructuring and increasing automation and artificial intelligence, this can leave professionals feeling overworked, unappreciated and insecure. In addition, just as psychologist Carl Jung identified; by the age of forty, many people question what they want from their lives and what they want from their careers. Everyone’s heard of the so-called ‘midlife crisis’. Jung attributed it to a ‘search for meaning’ and also a need to live a more ‘authentic’ life. This can lead to people wanting to develop and use talents that they may have previously neglected, and perhaps pursue a new career path.”
Midlife professionals need to discover personal strategies, and develop individual career reinvigoration and reinvention plans – and that’s what Career Reinventors 40+ supports them to do.”
About Trudy Lloyd BA(hons), MBA, MCIM
Trudy Lloyd is an award-winning professionally qualified career coach, business coach and facilitator. She believes that everyone should enjoy meaningful, satisfying and rewarding work.
With over 25 years’ experience in large and small organisations, consultancies and having started her own businesses, Trudy understands how professionals need to find a working environment where they can channel their talents, connect with others and feel a sense of belonging. She helps people to stand back from the chaos of their busy working lives, and to uncover what they really want, so that they can find work that is meaningful and satisfying to them, and create and enjoy their exciting next chapter.
(Wednesday) 19:00 - 21:30