International Men's Day | Epoch Events
Statistics 2022 – Half of U.S. adults who have a mental illness (nearly 27 million people) are battling mental illness without treatment. 10.6% of American youth suffer from
Statistics 2022 – Half of U.S. adults who have a mental illness (nearly 27 million people) are battling mental illness without treatment. 10.6% of American youth suffer from major depression.
According to a World Health Organisation (WHO) report, India has the highest number of depressed individuals in the world. This means that one out of three individuals in India suffers from depression.
What are the major causes of depression?
Financial problems, Unemployment. Emotional Distress/trauma. Major life changes, long-term work stress. Childhood sexual abuse or bullying victimization.
About Voice of Men 360 and The 6 Pillars of International Men’s Day
1. To promote positive male role models; not just movie stars and sportsmen but every day, working-class men who are living decent, honest lives.
2. To celebrate men’s positive contributions to society, community, family, marriage, childcare, and the environment.
3. To focus on men’s health and wellbeing; social, emotional, physical and spiritual.
4. To highlight discrimination against men; in areas of social services, social attitudes, expectations, and law.
5. To improve gender relations and promote gender equality.
6. To create a safer, better world; where people can be safe and grow to reach their full potential.
(Saturday) 09:00 - 10:30