Why Hybrid Working Could F*%k Your Business (and how to avoid it) | Harriet Minter
A practical look at the human issues that could bring down your business without you even realising
A practical look at the human issues that could bring down your business without you even realising with Harriet Minter.
The creation of a hybrid-workplace could be the greatest revolution in working culture since the personal computer… or it could see your business destroy its culture and productivity. So how do you get it right?
After a year of enforced working from home it seems everyone is desperate to return to the office… but not full time. Research from the Office of National Statistics shows that the majority of employees would like to be in the office a maximum of three days a week and work from home the rest of the day.
In this free one-hour webinar, Harriet Minter, the author of WFH: how to build a career you love when you’re not in the office, will look at what businesses need to do to make hybrid-work actually work. This isn’t another dry webinar on the policies you need to have in place or how to manage the tech, it’s a practical look at the human issues that could bring down your business without you even realising.
If you’re about to turn your business into one which embraces hybrid-working, do you know…
- How you will ensure you don’t accidentally create a two-tier culture of “them at home and us in the office?”
- What will you do if you walk into your office one day and find everyone looks the same?
- How you’ll run meetings if half of your team are in the room and the other half on video call? (Do you even know how to get a Zoom meeting up on the conference facilities in your meeting rooms?)
- How you’ll deal with senior managers who simply don’t like their teams working outside the office?
- Why encouraging everyone to work from home more regularly might result in more people leaving and what you’ll do when that happens?
- How you’ll manage team members mental health when they report greater feelings of isolation, bullying and frustration with their team members?
In this webinar, Harriet will take you through what she’s learned about creating engaged remote teams, from working with businesses such as international banks, tech start-ups, large charities and FTSE100 businesses. She’ll explain why hybrid-working has the potential to be the thing that revolutionises how your business operates, help you understand why not all team work needs to be done together and get you clear on the culture of your new working world.
Attendees will leave with:
- A clear plan for embedding a hybrid-working in your organisation and ensuring it increases productivity, loyalty and engagement.
- A unique way of defining the hybrid-working “rules of engagement” for your team.
- An understanding of some of the hidden pitfalls of hybrid-working – and how to avoid them.
- A straightforward way to analyse whether or not your hybrid-working policies are effective and how to amend them if they’re not.
- The only sentence you’ll ever need to get hybrid-working sceptics onboard with the process. (We promise, it works with everyone!)
(Tuesday) 12:00 - 13:00(GMT+01:00)