BNY Mellon are seeking a Senior Specialist Business Analysis Consultant to join their team in their London offices on a permanent full-time basis.
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets.
BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
- Analyzes, defines and prioritizes the business requirements, functional specifications and operational architecture for up to and including highly complex strategic, global programs.
- Provides consultation to IT and business management on applying technology to business opportunities and planning and implementing cross-functional applications or systems.
- May allocate/coordinate work within a team/project.
- Elicits, challenges, and prioritizes requirements using standard processes and templates, and translates into functional design and use case documents.
- Develops project scope, objectives, constraints and assumptions for a given large, strategic, multi-year project.
- Participates and provides guidance in development of the technical design, test plans, and user documentation. Consults internal business groups on requirements, functional architecture and implementation.
- Tracks scope and change throughout the remainder of the initiative utilizing formal requirements management principles, including change control and requirements traceability.
- Gathers and analyzes information to assist in development of recommendations to address strategic business objectives that span multiple, global business and technology areas.
- Participates in industry forums and keeps current on domain knowledge for their specific business and application areas of expertise.
- Applies experiences with existing software and/or systems development processes to develop better processes to be used in the future.
- Actively influences software development process improvement initiatives.
- Provides senior level consultation to internal business groups on process improvement projects designed to improve their business results. Contributes to the achievement of related teams’ objectives.
Bachelor’s degree in business or technical-related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred, Experience in providing consulting advice to senior IT and business management required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
Candidate must have proven experience with FX post execution operations and/or technology, including settlement, confirmation, netting and workflow. Should have good communications skills. Experience with Wall Street Systems a big plus.
- Production application support for the WSS application for all end users and the data center (24 by 5 global operation)
- Assist business with documentation of business requirements.
- Develop functional specifications for WSS vendor and technical procedures for the Data Center.
- Analyze, track and test production issues/changes to resolution.
- Work with the WSS vendor on software enhancements and bug fixes.
- Develop and execute system test plans and support SIN, UAT’s and DCAT’s.
- Lead projects to support enhancements and product diversification of the Global Markets business.
What we can offer you:
- Challenging, fun and supportive environment
- 25 days holiday (in addition to Bank Holidays) plus opportunity to purchase up to 5 extra days
- Highly competitive benefits package including pension and private medical cover