Talbot Validus Group are looking for a Financial Planning & Analysis Accountant in London.
Provide MI and analysis across the overseas office platform whilst also supporting and co-ordinating reporting and planning processes across the overseas offices to meet Syndicate / Group requirements.
Responsible for all aspects of management information (MI) and financial planning and analysis associated with the overseas office operations of the Validus/Talbot Group.
To work towards streamlining and improving the MI reporting processes within the finance team, in order to add value by devoting more time to analysis and interpretation of data as well as ensuring all syndicate / group requirements are met.
To work as an integral part of the finance team and offer assistance and support to the team as and when necessary.
Provide MI across the Overseas Office platform currently made up of:
- Talbot Underwriting Risk Services Ltd (London)
- Talbot Risk Services Pte Ltd (Singapore & Australia).
- Talbot Risk Services (Labuan) Pte Ltd (Malaysia).
- Talbot Underwriting (MENA) Ltd (Dubai).
- Talbot Underwriting Services (US) Ltd (New York).
- Validus Reaseguros, Inc (Miami).
- Talbot Underwriting (LATAM) S.A.(Chile).
Weekly – MI (Flash Reporting)
To be responsible for the timely production and distribution of weekly flash reports, analysing budget to actual performance, across the overseas platform and all classes.
Monthly – MI
To be responsible for the timely production of the month end MI packs.
- Responsible for analysing monthly data and investigating and commenting on material variances.
- Preparation of MI commentaries to highlight key factors driving the results and to aid management’s understanding of the results.
- Prepare executive commentary packs focusing upon key measures and variances.
Quarterly – MI
To be responsible for the timely production of QTR end MI reporting.
- Responsible for production of QTR end GAAP P&L’s across all offices and all classes.
- The production and analysis of QTR Triangulations across all offices and all classes.
- Analyse QTR end data and investigate and comment upon material variances.
- Production of all relevant overseas office board packs and QTR end oversight committee packs.
- Preparation of open year ultimate result.
Annual – Financial Planning and Budgeting
- To help co-ordinate planning processes and prepare the forecast and budget for all overseas offices and the presentation of the Budget to local CEO’s.
- Profit & Loss budget for overseas offices.
- Insurance GAAP Accounts – actuals and budget.
- Development of Ultimate and Forecast Premium process for overseas offices
- To provide back up and assistance to the budgeting and management reporting team during the quarter and year end reporting process, to ensure that internal reporting deadlines are met and any relevant external regulatory returns are submitted on time.
- Overseas offices management and teams.
- Budget and planning team.
- Head of CSU.
Key Performance Indicators:
- The accurate and timely production of Management Information.