When you have a deadline; long meeting or even participating in a conference, it is easy to lose energy. To get stuck in your chair. For tension to take over your body. Then you become less effective at working – or concentrating. I deliver energising activities in conferences to raise energy and focus levels. For more details email me.
I know stress, fatigue and getting stuck in a chair in front of a screen, impacts my productivity. I have various activities I use to find my MOJO again: BUT I am also aware that I have my own office, and can do things that would disturb fellow workers in a bigger office! If I want to switch on some music and dance, I can!
Here are my tips for rediscovering your MOJO when stressed.
- Every hour, get up from your chair; stretch, gently move your neck around.
- Drink plenty of water: getting up from your desk to fetch some more water means you are getting some exercise
- Every hour stand and take deep breaths, each time you exhale, slowly, try to relax (this could be done in a cloakroom)
- Don’t just get stuck in your seat; if you need to speak to someone, walk round to their office or desk – at least you are exercising.
- Don’t be afraid to leave the office for 10 minutes to walk either in the street where you can take some deep breaths, relax and refocus.
- If you are able, put some uplifting, energising music on your iPad and listen to it (through earphones). 1970s Disco music is particularly good for re-energising.