Celebrities and TV personalities celebrated successful women in London last night at the 14th annual Glamour Women Of The Year awards.
Hosted by comedy due Dawn French and Jennifer Saunders, and in association with Next, the award show celebrated the best women in a variety of categories.
Presenters included Alesha Dixon, Liam Payne and Lily James, giving out a variety of awards in acting, music, design and business categories.
American singer Jennifer Hudson won the award for Trailblazer, stating: “Women, we run the world, you know.”
“It’s so important that we acknowledge, recognise and support each other for the great thing’s we do.”
She continued: “We do a lot of awesome things and it’s not easy being a woman. If you’re a woman, your work is never done.”
British girlband Little Mix took home the award for best music act for the second year in a row.
Awards in the acting categories went to Sophie Turner, The Crown’s Vanessa Kirby, Sharon Maguire, Billie Piper and Nicole Kidman.
The Australian actress took home the award for Film actress, saying that she was ‘standing with Londoners’: “I’m so happy I’m here, in person, to give love back to London because London has given me so much.”
The Moulin Rouge! star explained how the older she gets, the further her career has gone: “I’m about to turn 50 in two weeks. And I never thought this would be one of the best years of my life.”
“I thought at 40 that I’d be retired by 50, but I want to tell everyone it begins and it begins more at 50.”
“I’m changing my name to Nicole Kid-woman,” she joked. “Kidman is just wrong here.”
The Entrepreneur award went to model Jourdan Dunn, who launched her own label with Misguided earlier in the year.
In Dunn’s acceptance speech, she explained how coming from humble beginnings has affected her self-confidence.
“Self-negative talk, we just have to get rid of that.”
“You have to think of the possibilities because anything is possible,” she said. “I’m a girl from Greenford who got pregnant at 19 and I’m here in front of you guys.”
Full list of winners:
- Music Act – Little Mix
- Film Actress – Nicole Kidman
- Accessories Designer – Tabitha Simmons
- Shiseido Group Theatre Actress – Billie Piper
- W Channel Sportswoman – Nicola Adams
- Next Breakthrough – Dua Lipa
- Youtubers – Pixiwoo
- UK TV Actress – Sophie Turner
- Film-maker – Sharon Maguire
- TV Personality – Emma Willis
- Comedy Actress – Sharon Hogan
- Manuka Doctor YouTuber – Tanya Burr
- UK TV Actress – Vanessa Kirkby
- Trailblazer – Jennifer Hudson
- Entrepreneur – Jourdan Dunn
- Columnist – Caitlin Moran
- Man of The Year – James Corden
- Designer – Maria Grazia Chiuri
- Editor’s Award – Winnie Harlowe
- GLAMOUR Icons – Bananarama
- GLAMOUR Inspiration – Amy Poehler