Tell us a bit about yourself, background and what you do currently
I’m a creative artistic passionate person; a faith walking Mumprenuer. I’m also a social scientist and educator. I have a BSc Sociology & Anthropology, a PgCE in Learning and Teaching, I have completed the PgD in Learning and teaching for Higher Education focusing on applying learning technologies and am now writing my MALTHE dissertation.
The principle things I do are:
- Founder/CEO of The Big Secret Company; a social enterprise focusing on learning and practising decision making skills through gameplay. www.the-big-secret.org, www.shhh-or-tellit.org & http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3tCpwD-KFQ
- Designer/Brand Owner of Eyato LONDON the high end couture handmade in London label for women. www.eyato.com
- Tea Party Hostess, last September I started a monthly networking event called ‘Tea with Atiti’ www.teawithatiti.com
In addition I am a trained Music Manager, published author, inspirational speaker, business and personal mentor, board game inventor, animation creator and a creative entrepreneur:
What has been your biggest challenge?
Crazy as it may sound, interviews! I really don’t like answering questions about myself, largely because I am a really private person, but I also think there is a bit of laziness in there somewhere. Thankfully I have found support in this area so I don’t have to be stressed about being interviewed now.
What’s been your greatest achievement personally?
My greatest achievement personally is very personal and private, but what I will share are my greatest business achievements:
- Writing The Big Secret story; available to order in 8 languages and as an e-book in English,
- Bringing Tiddles the character from The Big Secret story to life in the animation series Tiddles & her terrific sack of tales
- Designing and making my Eyato LONDON creations
- Conceiving creating and developing the Shhh or Tell it Board Game
- Successfully hosting my last Monday of the month Tea with Atiti afternoons
If you weren’t doing what you do, what would you be doing?
I have no idea, but whatever it is would need to have been sufficient to keep my creative mind completely engaged.
Who has been your biggest inspiration?
My father, my life experiences, my faith, my family, my children, children in general. Listening to the stories of other people.
What does the future hold for you?
On the business level continuous growth and expansion, refining, developing and improving my products
On the personal development level I’d like to pursue further study – a PhD focused on teaching and learning potentially exploring alternative ways of delivery.
On the personal life level to keep being happy, healthy and thankful for each day I have of my life and the opportunity it presents for me to positively impact the lives of others.