BNY Mellon are looking for an Investment Reporting Specialist, based in Manchester. The role of an Investment Reporting Specialist is to audit a range of investment portfolios, primarily on a monthly basis. This entails the validation of positions, prices, income and transactions between the records of BNY Mellon and Investment Managers of the Bank’s clients.
• An Investment Reporting Specialist will be part of a team that works in partnership with our clients, providing a complete and independent investment reporting package. This includes period-end, regulatory, and financial reporting.
Responsibilities: (Key parts to the job role)
• Provide frequent and consistent communication with team members, ensuring that any potential internal or external service level breaches are escalated. This should include communications relating to the following areas: internal/external clients, team and individual deadlines.
• Assist to maintain a high level of morale within the team and department by displaying a positive, productive and professional work ethic.
• Open strong communication links with other operational areas and key service providers to establish standardisation in working practices whenever possible.
• Identify and develop improved working practices to increase efficiency and mitigate risk with a key focus on root cause analysis to reduce operational queries
• All mandatory training to be completed by the stipulated deadline.
• Timely (all internal and external deadlines met within control) and accurate completion of investment portfolios.
• Ensure that Client expectations are fully managed and either met or exceeded in relation to resolution of queries.
• Ensure business practices and controls are understood for all clients including those that deviate from the standard service offering.
• Develop own knowledge, to include the operational procedures within the department and those of our internal stakeholders.
• Develop financial products knowledge in order to ensure the team and departmental procedures reflect current market developments and client requirements.
- Work collaboratively and on a timely basis with managers to review operational controls, conduct root-cause analysis and implement remediation activities emanating from operating incidents and near-miss events.
Risk Competence & Knowledge – Understand the key operational risks and the associated controls applicable to the Business Unit and follow all Business Unit operational procedures and other directive controls (eg. checklists) as designed.
Any identified issues or changes should be escalated to Managers.
- Accountability – Ensure that risk issues (both current and emerging) are escalated promptly to managers, including:
a) Gaps or issues identified within the Business Unit controls;
b) Errors or potential errors/near-misses;
c) Other risk issues (including non-responses to queries, manual process intervention).
• Excellent communication skills
• Results focused
• Well organised in order to meet tight deadlines and client expectations
• Strive for excellence with a conscientious approach
• Effective team worker
• Good attention to detail
• Flexible and adaptable
• Demonstrate a strong client service ethic
• Intermediate or above knowledge of Excel
What we can offer you:
Challenging, fun and supportive environment
• 25 days holiday (in addition to Bank Holidays) plus opportunity to purchase up to 5 extra days
• Highly competitive benefits package including pension and private medical cover
• City centre location
• Competitive discounts on travel and parking
• Discounts on a range of local retailers
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.