Visitors have accessed this post 1 time.
Condé Nast International are looking for a Lead Solutions Architect to join their team in London.
They publish 128 magazines and 100 high-quality websites and apps in 11 countries around the world, reaching more than 200 million unique users. Some of their world-famous brands are Vogue, GQ, Wired, Vanity Fair, Glamour, and Condé Nast Traveller.
CNI Digital is running a major digital business transformation, encompassing our initial web platform migration, transformation of our technology and systems, and a long-term commitment to investing into our digital capabilities.
The Technology of CNI Digital spans business applications, back office applications and infrastructure. The Technology team also supports our important digital systems (such as the new web platform and our digital asset management application). This transformation within CNI is critical to the future success of the business. We are reshaping Technology to unify the CNI business by building single, modern and agile systems across all markets, whilst working hand in hand with the digital teams who are delivering our customer facing website and apps. The technical platform the team will deliver in the next few years will enable CNI to take the best advantage of its digital business and enable further diversification into other business areas.
There is a significant programme of work being started in Technology in CNI Digital. The team is running a technical services review of all enterprise technology internationally. This programme will lead to decisions being made on the technical platforms we choose to use in the future. We are searching for an experienced Lead Solutions Architect to join our team.
The Lead Solutions Architect will work closely with a wide set of international colleagues, including product, editorial, engineering, strategy and commercial, to design best in class technical platforms. This is a great opportunity to work with a small but growing team to enable the growth of some of the world’s best loved brands.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide overall design experience across multiple projects, liaising closely with business and technology stakeholders to understand their needs, translate these to design and vision documents for the relevant solutions, and ensure the delivery of the agreed solutions, assuring any changes to the design.
- Manage the design of technical solutions, applications and services across multiple geographies and separate business units.
- Investigate the capability of existing solutions and their technology roadmap.
- Understand the business objectives, strategy and business requirements and create an architectural framework that aligns with our business strategy.
- Align the architectural framework with applications and technology solutions that simplify the existing architecture, deliver reusable services and drive cost saving opportunities.
- Support project delivery to provide options and estimates to meet the business requirements.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the business analysts, technical architects and product managers to ensure solutions are fit for purpose and meet architectural compliance.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with business stakeholders to ensure engagement and alignment of solutions.
- Facilitate design workshops with technical design teams and SMEs to support the creation of technical specifications.
- Work with the procurement team to ensure that technologies/solutions for new opportunities are appropriately sourced, costed and subsequently procured.
- Act as a key contact and provide ongoing support where required throughout the complete lifecycle of the project.
- Keep up-to-date of the market place, process and technology offerings in line with the associated business area and supporting solutions.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- Experience of working in complex environments on enterprise scale systems, designing technical platforms across multiple geographic regions.
- Recent experience in a similar role leading the delivery of ana technical transformation project is key.
- The ability to deliver strategic thinking to stakeholders through solutions roadmaps
- Experience in defining architectures and providing technical leadership in a wide range of domains, including aspects of business, digital, application, information, integration, infrastructure and security architectures
- Thorough technical understanding of the broad technology landscape and working knowledge of wide variety of technical platforms:
– Back office and business applications such as GSuite, Finance, Publishing and CRM systems.
– Experience of using cloud in all forms (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS) including having experience of migrating to cloud and hybrid models and/or integrating public cloud into traditional hosting/delivery models.. Working experience of AWS an understanding of containerization technologies (Docker, etc.).
– TOGAF certified with handsConsumer facing digital products.
- Hands-on experience of EAarchitectural frameworks and methodologies, driving the creation of architecture governance, standards and frameworks.
- You should have significant experience of having to establish architectural standards and methodologies.
- Experience of working in an iterative or agile delivery environment.
- Awareness of cost model to select appropriate technical options and provision.
- Current, hands-on modern technologies knowledge.
- Great technical understanding of the technology landscape and working knowledge of wide variety of technical platforms such as:
– Linux, Windows, Apple Mac
– Integration technologies
– Network (LAN/WAN) topologies/interconnectivity
– Cyber security
– Modern delivery models – Agile, CI, CD and DevOps
- ProvenPrevious experience in end to end solution deliveryof working with software development and engineering.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, ensuring confidence in conflict resolution, and enabling them to adapt their style to different stakeholders. Can build strong relationships quickly and work collaboratively with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Sensitive to organisation and global cultures.
- Social and naturally collaborative, with the ability to lead and exercise influence by organising and motivating the team.
- Ability to quickly immerse themselves into the project and company culture.
- Confident and approachable manner.
- Self-motivated and capable of managing multiple priorities with little instruction or oversight.
– Ability to speak a second language would be highly advantageous.
– Previous experience of working within the publishing or media sector.
– Experience of working within an organisation with presence across Europe and Asia.