PwC’s Cyber Security Practice is looking to recruit several Managers off the back of unprecedented client demand, the Cyber Security Manager provides expert strategy and risk advice, guidance and support on cyber security, both in business-as-usual and for live and planned projects within our clients’ business.
You will be generalist but have specialities in helping clients to develop Cyber Security Strategy, which can be developed and honed as your career develops. This role would suit someone who is comfortable working across industries.
In return we offer:
- Variety – An impressive list of clients with different needs and issues at both a technical and strategic level.
- Opportunity – To develop your technical and business skills and enhance your business advisory, presentational and inter-personal skills.
- Support – We work as a team and support each other on a day-to-day basis. We also actively encourage an ongoing exchange of knowledge across the many specialists operating within PwC.
- Training – PwC is recognised for the quality of its training programmes that cover both technical and ‘soft’ (e.g. report writing) skills.
- Challenge – We work in an atmosphere which encourages you to be proactive and imaginative with the emphasis always on serving clients’ needs.
PwC’s Cyber Strategy and Transformation practice works with some of the largest and most complex clients in the firm’s portfolio to help them to understand their cyber risks and define and execute a strategy which enables the business to deliver its objectives within their desired risk envelope. We support client leadership teams to define their risk appetite and a proportionate target state of cyber capability and maturity to deliver it; we define operating and governance models to make cyber security a sustainable capability which responds to evolving business priorities. We help our clients to mobilise and execute multi-year transformation programmes, often global in reach, managing complex business and technology change.
- Managing and delivering security assignments, including producing documentation and reports.
- Supporting senior members of the team in developing client proposals and solution offerings.
- Maintaining technical IT knowledge and certifications, sharing this knowledge with junior team members.
- Maintaining awareness of key business and industry trends, and understanding how they impact responses to cyber risk.
- Building client relationships and establishing credibility by demonstrating knowledge of various aspects of cyber security, and identify opportunities where PwC can assist.
- Working either as subject matter experts in your field and/or manage teams in delivering engagements
- Working with colleagues in other services areas and support our clients’ cyber security needs.
- Managing teams in delivering client excellence and work with other subject matter experts.
- Driving the development of toolkits, methodologies and accelerators.
- Providing thought leadership and direction for the cyber security practice.
- Helping recruit, retain and develop other cyber security team members.
Qualifications & experience:
We are looking for exceptional Managers who can help clients effect substantial and complex business change. Candidates should have experience in Cyber Strategy: defining executable strategies for cyber security improvement, ideally including the definition of target operating models and costed delivery plans.
Experience of managing (or being the lead delivery SME for) security projects as part of multi-million pound (or equivalent) transformation programm for cyber security improvement at a FTSE100-scale organisation would be a welcome addition.
It is likely that you will have gained at least some of this experience working in a business-oriented consulting environment where you have faced off to client’s senior business leaders.
- A track record of previous cyber consulting experience, working on business-facing client problems.
- An understanding of how business strategy, risk, regulation and technical constraints influence organisational responses to cyber security.
- Excellent communication skills – both oral (for interviews/meetings, presentations) and written (for designing and writing engaging reports which communicate findings succinctly and clearly convey the message in a way which is appropriate for the audience, and rooted in the client’s needs).
- Experience of business development or sales, including delivering smaller bids under the guidance of senior team members, and experience of writing winning proposals and RFP responses.
- Cyber Security related qualification(s) such as CISSP, CISM, ISO Lead Auditor etc
- An understanding of security methodologies, best practice and industry standards
- Experience in risk & regulatory frameworks and standards such as NIST 800, ISO 27001, ISF SOGP, PCI-DSS etc