Join SKY as a Delivery Manager and you can be a part of the ambitious team that brings NOW TV to life.
As a valued employee of Sky, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme, private health care and a share save scheme. There’s a range of other benefits to help you make valuable tax and national insurance savings too.
Your Key Responsibilities
To manage the software delivery of several scrums, within the technology function of NOW TV, ensuring the consistent on-time delivery of high quality software applications and the ongoing management of these systems in production. This will particularly focus on the underlying software systems which power the NOW TV client devices and the customer management systems which allow us to deliver great customer service and management.
The Delivery Manager will report to the Head of Software Engineering for NOW TV. The Delivery Manager will have line management responsibility for several Scrum Masters and other key delivery resources.
- To lead and coach Scrum Masters, managing the delivery of the roadmaps and establishing and agreeing best practice to improve the effectiveness, predictability and quality of software delivery
- To build an effective working relationship with the Stakeholders requesting delivery from his/her team.
- To educate business stakeholders on the benefits of agile delivery and influencing their behaviour to support this delivery method.
- To ensure the adoption of Agile/XP methods within his/her scrums.
- To manage delivery of projects across their scrums.
- On a case by case basis to act as the lead delivery manager for projects that span various delivery managers within NOW TV and Sky Technology.
- To provide management reporting on the delivery status of their area. Balancing the requests for a defined delivery date, from stakeholders, with the agile delivery method.
- Being aware of, and ensuring appropriate communication of, any delivery issues, dependencies and or risks to the roadmap.
- To monitor and assess the demands for resources across their area and ensure appropriate staffing levels to meet the customer demands whilst ensuring effective & efficient delivery.
- To support their Scrum Masters in the communication of delivery and application support issues.
- To work with senior leadership of other delivery streams inside and outside of the team to negotiate and agree how dependencies will be managed and assured.
- To develop and coach delivery personnel to improve their personal and collective performance as Scrum Masters and Delivery professionals.
- To be accountable for managing the quality and timeliness of the delivery across their Scrums.
- To work with the other members of the NOW TV team to deliver NOW TV’s Vision & Mission.
- To manage (with the help of their team, the Principal Software Engineer & Architects) the technical direction of their applications/products.
- To understand the competitor landscape for the software components/websites/products they are responsible for (from a technology perspective) and help the business in the formation of their roadmap.
- Expertise in Project Management, Requirement Analysis, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Automation & Unit Testing in a software development environment.
- Commercial experience in managing software development teams, with a least 18 months being in a commercial agile environment.
- Proven capability in managing team dynamics, building team relationships, mentoring team members and delivering feedback.
- Experience in release planning, estimation, capacity planning and managing project risks in a multi Scrum environment.
- Direct Scrum Master experience
- Good at understanding complex technology intensive domains.
- Exposure to Java, Java Script, PHP or Python.
- Experience with Extreme Programming, Scrum and other agile techniques.
- Management experience of full life-cycle system development with teams of developers, analysts, and testers/QAs.
- Awareness of one or more automated testing tools or exposure to any open source testing tools
- An awareness and appreciation of current development tools and their usage, plus an interest in software engineering and the developments in the industry.
- Previous experience in Broadcast/Media working for other leading Broadcast companies or other large, complex and technology-led organisations like Software Companies, Telecommunications or Utilities.
- Demonstrable in-depth experience in one of the following areas: OTT (Over-the-Top) delivery of video content; large scale web and mobile sites and applications delivering rich product, news and entertainment information; large scale sales and service sites and applications; large scale, highly available core capabilities supporting online products, such as authentication, payment and content
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, then apply now!