- Experience in cloud infrastructure, identity and security management, networking, technical deployment, data migration, mail routing architectures, compute resources, storage systems, data and analytics, and machine learning monitoring and management.
- Experience conducting business transformation and/or deployment methodology training in the area of Cloud computing to audiences ranging from C-level executives to new hires.
- Experience with business concepts around Cloud.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Cloud Architect Certification or equivalent.
- Experience creating and/or contributing to the development of technology and solution related training content for business and services learners.
- Experience in technical consulting, software deployment, and/or technical support.
- Experience with the Google Cloud Platform and G Suite. Undestanding about how Cloud technology can solve customer business challenges.
- Ability to comfortably work in a fast-growing, fast-paced, and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Ability to write and speak in German, French, or Spanish fluently and idiomatically.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
The Google Cloud training team develops and delivers Google Cloud services training to partners and has plans to quickly grow both the range and reach of the training on offer. The types of services covered include cloud consulting on Google Cloud Platform, G Suite Deployment, Machine Learning, and Business Transformation. Partner training is delivered by services trainers and facilitation experts in conjunction with subject matter experts in the areas of cloud consulting and technical deployment services. The partner training is delivered mostly by internal trainers but we do leverage external training partners in certain regions.
As part of this team, your role will be to deliver Business and Services training to a mix of strategic partners and customers. You will have a experience delivering training on IT solution deployment methodologies as well as training that helps executives and business decision makers understand how such technologies may impact on their businesses. You will have excellent teaching skills and an ability to explain complex Cloud technologies in a way that resonates with business executives and services professionals. You will also be comfortable with Cloud technologies that enables you to go in depth on certain technical topics as may be required, in particular in the deployment methodology/services training. While the focus of this role is to deliver courses from the Business and Services curriculum, you may also be asked to take on courses from other parts of our curriculum as our offering expands.
As a Business and Services Trainer, you will be expected to be both a subject matter expert for the training content development team and provide ongoing feedback on what changes may need to be made to the training to ensure ongoing high impact. You will have excellent collaboration skills as successful delivery of training often depends on your ability to work closely with the Professional Services Organization (PSO) field teams and the Google Cloud curriculum team.
I this role, you will deliver consistently training experiences to all our learners. The training may vary in duration from a half day session to multi-day advanced sessions. In the classes that you teach, you will validate the correctness of the materials, share feedback and suggestions, set appropriate expectations before and during the class, and ensure learner satisfaction with the scope and depth of what is covered. In addition to delivering training, you will evaluate, audit, and potentially coach other trainers, in particular external trainers that work at our training partners. Finally, you will work towards continually improving the scale, depth, and quality of Google Cloud training experience. You will work with subject-matter experts and stakeholders around the world, and you will be involved in every aspect of our partner training program.
Google Cloud helps millions of employees and organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. And our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life.
- Deliver excellent and engaging services and business training experiences to diverse audiences (e.g., global systems integrators, small partners, strategic customers, etc.).
- Act as a subject matter expert and provide ongoing direct field feedback to the Training Content Development team and work on updating content as/when required.
- Collaborate across teams, in particular with the Field Professional Services and Customer Engineer teams, to ensure you can bring voices from the field into your training sessions.
- Evaluate, train, audit, and coach trainers from our partner training companies.
- Work with the Training Operations team and other teams to ensure optimal training experiences for your audiences.