The Digital Delivery Centre was set up in 2015 to support HMRC’s Digital by Default ambitions.
Following the Agile methodology, the services that we deliver have the user’s needs at the forefront.
We have grown our capacity in the centre by almost 85% in 18 months, and we are now looking for the right candidates to support our future expansion plans.
The focus of your role
You will be responsible for writing the content that will help users understand how to manage their tax affairs through HMRC’s new digital services. You will work with software developers, designers, policy and legal teams to produce outstanding digital services and information. The material that you develop will cover a wide range of topics and users, so you will need to be user-focused and know how to write with the user in mind.
What you’ll do:
- Write high quality content for HMRC’s new digital services that will encourage people to use them
- Take complex language and processes and make them simple to understand
- Develop content in such a way that it will encourage people who rarely go online to use the new services
- Collaborate with the Product Manager, Digital Service Manager, Business Analysts and User Researchers to define the messages that the new services should convey
- Work with the Product Manager, Digital Service Manager, Business Analysts and User Researchers to refine the services in light of external factors such as changes to policy, legislation, technology or user requirements
- Build relationships and work effectively within an agile delivery model with colleagues and external providers, for example user researchers and business analysts.
- Communicate credibly with a wide range of digital delivery disciplines and talent both internally and externally.
What you’ll bring:
- Experience of writing for the web, with proven ability of creating content that is accessible and usable (ideally, but not essentially, for a government website)
- Experience of user-centered design
- Proven experience in using metrics and user feedback to define/refine content
- Experience in choosing the best format for displaying information to the user
- Ideally you will have experience in working with content management and publishing systems.
What we’ll offer you:
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Why we’re different:
At Capgemini, we help organisations across the world become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, often-groundbreaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals. You will too.
Capgemini positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.