Overview of the Role:
Credit Strategy has a mandate to assist the Credit Products unit with the provision of micro credit analysis and credit intelligence. The team acts primarily as a defence mechanism for the market facing Flow Credit Trading Desk, which facilitates Commercial Banking client access to a range of credit products across a broad maturity spectrum. This new role will support the growth of the High Yield corporate bond business in line with the CB Markets strategy.
The skill set required for the role and a brief job description are below:
- Proven track record of in depth High Yield credit analysis in a Credit Research, Trading Desk Strategist or similar role.
- Offer a consistent, intelligent viewpoint on credit risk assessment and relative value analysis for secondary and primary high yield corporate bonds based on expected changes to credit fundamentals, anomalous pricing, structural arbitrage or macro themes.
- Very strong analytical skills, including cashflow modelling experience, analysis of financial and non financial company trends, M&A situations, companies operating under stress and key industry sector trends. Demonstrable understanding of high yield market dynamics and credit rating methodologies.
- The ability to quickly see the risks/rewards inherent within a deal structure or market environment and assess relative/absolute value opportunities across a variety of sectors/geographies.
- Highly numerate with strong organisational, written and verbal communication competence. Entrepreneurial and flexible in approach. Demonstrates passion, enthusiasm and a ‘can do’ attitude. Customer and results focused.
- Provide Credit Intelligence to traders / High Yield DCM and contribute towards a team rotated 7.15am trading floor call, a daily 7.30am morning credit meeting and, when relevant, to an internal audience with direct interest in High Yield credit.
- Knowledge of key relevant legal, regulatory and statutory requirements, documentation interpretation, insolvency regimes and ability to provide advice to the desk on these aspects.
- Provision of Investment Recommendations, inventory ideas and optimum hedging/trading strategies, all within a MAR and MIFID II compliant environment for a desk strategist role.
- Occasional European client roadshows to discuss credit market dynamics and extract client feedback
- Where appropriate, drive and coordinate prioritisation of deliverables in support of agreed business objectives and project plans.
- Experience in supporting client franchise including our institutional client segments. Comprehensive knowledge and wide practical experience of relevant Fixed Income products and services.
- Review and analyse key external trends and influences to ensure that a wide range of information is used to support the development of the business.
- Awareness and proactive approach to control and conduct agenda.
- Understanding of the wider financial services industry, regulatory changes and pertinent economic and political factors which may impact on the Group’s business and overall aims.
- Ability to effectively manage stakeholders, build and maintain networks.
This role is subject to the terms of the Senior Managers, Senior Insurance Managers and Certification Regimes as required by industry Regulators.
Our vision of being the best bank for customers is dependent on every colleague committing to and demostrating our core values of “putting customers first”. In joining us you’ll have a role that matters and will contribute towards the Group achieving our vision through you day-today actions being performed in line with our Codes of Responsibility and Group Policies. By indivdually and collectively committing to our Group values and codes, we will be able to make a difference together and help Britian prosper.
We’re also committed to employing a diverse and inclusive workforce, reflective on customers and communities we serve – where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit.