Overview of the Role:
Reports to – Pershing EMEA CEO, supporting both Pershing EMEA CEO and Executive Based – London (to co-locate with CEO given close working nature of the role) Geographic reach – All Pershing EMEA territories plus liaison with wider BK EMEA and Pershing LLC
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Constantly seek to drive better first line governance – ensure items for discussion are both efficiently and effectively prepared, review overall agendas for cohesion and omission. Seek out and eliminate duplicative topics. Test for compliance with Group policies. Identify and secure training where needed for presenters, chairs or other function holders. Take all such action as may be agreed with the CEO to create company-wide “best in class” governance.
- Specifically, ensure appropriate frequency and timetabling of all required governance fora, including those without formal recurring timetables (e.g. the annual planning cycle, SREP and PRISM reviews and responses, strategic plans). Ensure action owners are prepared for their due dates and assist owners to satisfactory conclusions. Review minutes and records for accuracy and comprehension. Liaison with both Group and external Co-Secs and Legal as required.
- Oversee and co-ordinate first line SMCR processes, especially SMF holders’ individual certification creation and sign-off.
- With support from Finance and programme owners, design, deliver and drive our benefits optimisation programme so that initial business case benefits are captured or exceeded. N.B. this role is to support the accountable execs by providing a tracking framework and optimisation support. Benefits realisation responsibility itself stays with the accountable executive.
- Receive all central communications, in whatever format, intended for the wider BK CAO community. Act as Pershing EMEA’s first line interpretation of such communications and as owner of their resolution unless specifically allocated to a different owner.
- Represent Pershing EMEA at CAO and other fora across the wider organisation and externally.
- Lead specific initiatives as agreed with the CEO. Managing virtual teams as required.
- Co-ordinate senior stakeholders visits to ensure coherent exposure to the Pershing EMEA business.
- Manage CEO’s directly held budgets.
Proven, complex stakeholder management. Ability to drive results in multiple matrix environments against potentially conflicting objectives. Strong grasp of the realities of good governance and risk management across multiple jurisdictions. Knowledge of the principles of organisational design and alternative models. Good analytical skills. Ability to translate group and other centrally derived requirements into practical and compliant local solutions. Strong interpersonal skills. Build consensus where needed but with the ability to convey authority and expertise to direct peers and other stakeholders effectively on behalf of the leadership team. Ability to be the “voice” of the CEO when the CEO is elsewhere. Ability to develop innovative solutions in fast changing environments. Ability to modify the brief where needed for success without compromising the overall objectives. Comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity.