BNY Mellon is looking for a Principal in Business development support to join the team in London.
• Oversees the life-cycle of a deal from market planning and supporting prospecting campaigns, opportunity development and deal management. Collaborates closely with senior relationship managers and engages with key clients/prospective clients to ensure all interactions are of high quality.
• Oversees the deal management process and ensures high quality delivery in all interactions with clients/prospects. Provides feedback on metrics, methodology and proposal response to improve processes, as needed.
• Oversees legal/business reviews for all potential projects. Reviews and approves final go/no-go carefully considering the impact on the target client and potential future projects.
• Leverages research/information and collaborates with internal business units to monitor current clients and identify new business opportunities with current or prospective clients. Participates in prospecting campaigns and management of new deals.
• Assists senior relationship managers to ensure client/prospect satisfaction. Drives improvements, as needed.
• Acts as main coordinator for business development or relationship management teams. Engages with client and ensures client interactions are high quality.
• Ensures hand over to relationship management and business change is a well-coordinated and seamless process.
• No direct reports. Leads Business Development support teams and provides guidance to less experienced colleagues.
• Contributes to the achievement of team objectives. Directly contributes to revenue generation goals.
• Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience in business management or related field is required.
• 12-15 years of total work experience in sales preferred.