Sociate Generale Hambros Group are looking for a part-time employee to join them in London. The chosen candidate will provide high quality company secretarial support and advice to the SG Hambros Bank Limited Board and board committees, the boards of all subsidiary companies, senior management and the SG Hambros Group as a whole.
The role has primary responsibility for delivering timely, value adding company secretarial support and providing advice on company secretarial and corporate governance matters within the SG Hambros Group. To provide administrative support to the company secretarial team for the SGPBH Group companies as appropriate, ensure that the board and committee members receive the administrative support necessary for them to undertake their duties. Supporting the Group Company Secretary with providing advice on company secretarial and corporate governance matters within the SG Hambros Group.
Committee and board services
- To ensure the effective servicing of a number of Group and/or operating company boards, committees and associated meetings. This will include summoning meetings by organising the Microsoft calendar invites, collating papers and ensuring their timely distribution, attending meetings, preparing approval of accounts or dividend minutes and follow up action plans.
- To attend meetings in various jurisdictions (UK, Channel Islands, Gibraltar).
- To create board meeting packs on the electronic portal.
Record keeping and compliance
- Maintain and periodically update the SG company secretarial IT system “STP”.
- To file at Companies House and prepare statutory returns in various jurisdictions (UK, Channel Islands, Gibraltar).
- To maintain board and committee records including papers, minutes, reports and delegated authorities.
- To assist in the maintenance of statutory records and registers.
- Assist with relevant corporate governance projects which may arise from time to time.
- Assist with the development of internal board training programmes.
- To assist with the maintenance of the Corporate Secretariat SharePoint site
- Any other ad hoc duties as requested
Perform all duties in accordance with the principles outlined in the SGPBH Code of Conduct, as well as the policies and procedures relevant to your responsibilities, to ensure that you adhere to a culture that treats clients fairly and focuses on the long term sustainability of client relationships
- Professionalism & Enterprise
- Team Spirit & Collaboration
- Knowledge of legal regulatory and industry requirements
- Analytical Thinking
- Communication skills
- Planning & Organising
- Strategic & Commercial Awareness
- Knowledge of SG Hambros and SG business processes, standards, policies and procedures
- Proven board administrator or PA experience gained working at senior board level each with particular experience of company secretarial duties
- Demonstrate some experience of board/committee administration
- Travel within UK and Chanel Islands, a flexible approach to working hours
- Advanced MS Office skills and computer literate
- Experience of Channel Islands and / or Gibraltar Companies
- Experience of Banks, Trust Companies, and /or Fund Administration Structures.
ICSA graduate or undertaking the ICSA qualification.
- French language capabilities (desirable)