As a buyer for Societe Generale UK Sourcing team in London, you will support the three UK Sourcing Managers across a variety of projects and categories including communications and events, professional services, facilities management and IT.
• To assist Sourcing Managers in the management of strategic procurement projects, ensuring the interests of the business are satisfied whilst maintaining a commercial challenge to both internal clients and suppliers
• To work with the internal stakeholders to manage some stand alone projects. This will include liaising with the internal clients to agree current and future needs; data gathering and analysis; service and supplier reviews; running tender processes, including negotiations and contract placement with the successful vendor.
• To assist the Sourcing Managers in data gathering and analysis
• To assist the Head of UK Sourcing in analysing the external spend data with SG; assessing the contract coverage and identifying opportunities
• Ensure appropriate collaboration with the Group Sourcing division in Paris (RESG/ACH) and operation within the international framework for sourcing.
• To ensure the use of the e-procurement system, Sourcing Hub, for all projects and performance sheets in line with the international framework
• Occasional travel may be required and other duties outside of the above may be requested on ad-hoc basis
COMPETENCIES AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Some sourcing experience
Ability to negotiate
Strong external and internal communication skills
Influencing skills and project management skills
Strong analytical skills
Ability to work under pressure
Enthusiastic and willing to develop sourcing expertise across a number of different categories.
Adaptability and ability to work as part of a team
Qualifications required or desirable
Education: Degree Qualified preferred but not essential
Languages: Fluency in English
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.