The Institutional and Corporate Technology (ICT) group is looking for a Project Manager.
The role is within the strategic Detailed Sub-Ledger (DSL) finance program. The DSL program is a high profile (FHC reported), multi-year delivery which requires strong project management skills to bring together trading, risk and finance systems and data across all of the asset classes that Morgan Stanley trades. DSL is supported by a large, cross regional team providing development, business and project management expertise.
- Your primary responsibility will be to take ownership for the front to back delivery of an asset class into DSL. This spans, requirements gathering with financial controller and operations users and design and liaison with front office trading and risk platform teams.
- As each asset class rolls into DSL there is significant scope to drive process and technology consistency and efficiency improvement across the IT and business partners.
- You should have proven experience of delivering significant change into production systems, of user liaison and co-ordination across many stakeholders both with IT and the business groups.
- A key component of the role is the ability to build strong working relationships with partners across the Morgan Stanley IT stack, spanning from front to back office.
- This role provides significant scope for growth and opportunity to influence and shape the business analysis and project management processes within finance IT.
- Strong analysis, planning and delivery skills.
- Project Management.
- Business Analysis & creation of requirement specifications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Matrix management across various IT and business stakeholders.
- Planning, status reporting and issue tracking.
- Deployment management.
Desired Skills (non-essential):
- Knowledge of Finance processes.
- Knowledge of trade capture and overnight risk.
- Knowledge of valuation, PnL and risk methodologies.
- Understanding of IRD, Credit, FX, Equities, Cash and other asset classes.