BNY Mellon are looking for a Senior Java Lead who will be part of Corporate Trust EMEA Technology team at Bank of New York Mellon based in Poole, Dorset.
The successful candidate will be passionate about technology, enthusiastic and keen to succeed.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Ability to lead developers, manage individual work as well as manage team deliverables
• Design and implement complex components for the Corporate Trust EMEA and US platforms.
• Contribute to system design and solution architecture
• Development using various technologies such as Java, Spring framework, REST Services, jQuery/Angular JS, Ajax, XML, SQL, Oracle, Sybase etc.
• Provide application software development services or technical support in more complex situations. The successful candidate may also be responsible for requirements gathering and BRD/SRD preparation. Should have thorough knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle. Conduct reviews of the test Plan and test Data. May allocate/ coordinate work within a team/project.
• Analyze, define and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon’s standard development methodology.
• Coordinate and conduct coding, code reviews, testing, implementations and documentation of solution. Ensure that expected application performance levels are achieved.
• Contribute to defining time tables and project plans. Strategic planning of projects and to contribute to technology roadmap as well as system roadmap
• Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs.
• Conduct analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems.
• Propose innovative, creative technology solutions.
• Contribute to the achievement of related teams’ objectives
• Work within a feature team environment
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
• Experience in software development required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
• Solid hands-on web application development experience using Java, Servlets, Spring Framework, JSP, Hibernate, Ajax, HTML, XML, JSON.
• Experience in UI test frameworks; Protractor, Karma
• Experience with Continuous Integration tools; Jenkins
• Understanding of Test Driven Design
• Good in Oracle table design, PL/SQL, stored procedures, triggers and SQL optimization.
• Experience developing and testing REST based Services
• Experience in design and development of micro services
• UNIX experience at the Java developer and application support level (not sysadmin)
• Experience in CA Harvest, SVN, GIT and Maven.
• Strong Object-Oriented Analysis & Design skills (design patterns).
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Experience with multi-tier services oriented architecture.
• Ability to multi-task with a flexible approach to changing priorities.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Prior experience of working in distributed global teams.
• Experience providing prime time application support.
Nice to have:
• AngularJS or JQuery
• Knowledge/experience of Sybase PowerBuilder and DBMS
• Microsoft SQL Server
• Experience with developing and supporting J2EE apps running on IBM Websphere Application Server
• Knowledge of Cloud Computing.
• Basic understanding of technical components for Big Data
• Knowledge of web infrastructure (Apache, Tomcat, Enterprise Service Bus, cookies, routing, etc)
• Agile Methodology experience
• Previous experience of managing others
What we can offer you:
• Challenging, fun and supportive environment
• 25 days holiday (in addition to Bank Holidays) plus opportunity to purchase up to 5 extra days
• Highly competitive benefits package including pension and private medical cover