BNY Mellon are looking for a communications manager to work with the Head of Marketing to create and develop online content. Pershing EMEA communications manager is responsible for implementing and overseeing the communications programs.
The communications manager will work closely with the Head of Marketing and the other marketing managers (internal and external) to create and develop online content, client communications, newsletters, whitepapers, opinion papers, script for corporate videos and RFP review. They will also manage the company’s PR agency to develop and distribute press releases and bylined articles.
Skills required for the role:
• Strong writing, editing, proofreading
• Layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills,
• Ability to present concepts verbally
• Excellent organizational and planning skills
• Confident communicator
• Superior project management and time management skills
MyCareer Path Description and Position Summary
Manages professionals who develop, manage, and execute marketing and communications plans in support of the firm’s key strategic initiatives and business goals in addition to centers of excellence to support brand awareness, acquisition, client and employee engagement. Work is often broad and unlikely to be classified
elsewhere, however, tends to contain elements of strategic planning and execution, resource and budget planning, policy and procedure development and governance, operations analysis/effectiveness, and performance measurement. The primary focus of jobs in this family are to address day-to-day issues related to
marketing and communications in support of the firm’s business strategy including segment and product marketing, internal and client communications, public relations, social media, thought leadership, advertising, sponsorship, and branding.
Implements complex marketing and communication plans in support of firm’s key strategic initiatives and business goals in addition to day-to-day support of brand awareness, client acquisition, and client and employee engagement . May serve as a project lead, enlisting support from more junior staff or peers. Strong writing and communications skills.
MyCareer Path Primary Responsibilities
• Cultivates collaborative relationships with internal and external resources to support activities. Provides technical guidance, as needed.
• Contributes the development and implementation of annual marketing and communication and results measurement. Establishes good working relationships with internal teams. Gains agreement with business partners and formulates decision criteria.
• Applies of industry/segment trends, market climates and competitive activities knowledge to recommend ways to leverage opportunities among colleagues.
• Adheres to standard operating procedures. Suggests opportunities for improvements. Can take a creative idea, socialize it, and put it into practice
• Acts with a clear sense of accountability supporting functional or business initiatives. Proactively identifies obstacles and recommends solutions.
• No direct reports, provides guidance to less experienced staff. Leads projects to include assigning work and monitoring quality and completion.
• Manages to approved budget, submits expenses.