Since 1971, Refuge has led a campaign against domestic violence and supports 3,700 women and children who have been through the terrible experience.
Prior to 1971, domestic violence was seen as a ‘private matter’ to be dealt with behind closed doors and for people not to help or support. However, Refuge disagreed with this and decided to support women and children, helping them to regain control of their lives and move forward.
Refuge helps to prevent domestic violence through campaigning, educating, training and researching.
London 10,000 is the capital cities most popular 10km event, which is brought to you by London Marathon Ltd. The marathon takes place in the City and passes through numerous famous landmarks including; Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, the London Eye, Westminster Abbey and many more.
So what will you get from taking part in this?
Here is what you will receive if you wish to take part in London 10,000:
• A free Refuge running vest
• A fundraising pack filled with tips on how to raise money and achieve your target
• Access to our online training zone with training plans, pace calculator and the opportunity to start your own blog
• Nutrition advice and a full training plan
• A Refuge cheering point along the route for people to support you during the run
• A free online fundraising page with Justgiving.com
• One on one support from the Refuge team
This amazing run, supporting women affected by domestic violence, commences on 30th May 2016 and is a distance of 10k all around the UK’s Capital City. The sponsorship pledge is £300 and there is also a £20 registration fee.
To join the campaign please register here.
There’s not long to go, so be sure to register soon and get training now!