Leading insurance firm Lloyd’s are urgently looking for an Assistant Accountant on a fixed term contract for 14 months, from September 2015.
- To maintain accounting records and assist with the production of timely, accurate and effective management and statutory reporting.
- To actively seek to improve operational efficiencies within the process, control, review and reporting function of the Financial Accounting Team.
Major responsibilities and accountabilities
- Assistance to the Financial Accountant – UK with the production of consolidated results for the Society’s annual and interim reports and quarterly interim management statements including annual preparation of US GAAP reconciliation statements
- Maintenance of accounting records for Corporation of Lloyd’s and provide assistance to Financial Accountant-UK in the production of consolidated results for the Society’s annual and interim reports and quarterly interim management statements.
- Journal processing and maintenance of the Corporation’s fixed asset inventory register
- Reconciliations and postings into the management accounts including cross charges and month end accruals and prepayments
- Assistance to Financial Accountant-UK in the production of Solvency II Pillar 3 Data Interface Requirements
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations in line with the timetable and resolve issues in timely manner
- Provide assistance in the Corporation’s budget and forecast exercises
- Liaise with internal and external auditors, tax department, market reporting and other key stakeholders
- Provide assistance with project work on department issues, as required
- Provide cover for other members of the Financial Accounting Team, as necessary
- Provide assistance to Financial Accountants UK and International with ad-hoc tasks as required
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Must have previous experience of financial statement preparation, fixed assets accounting and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Must be studying towards either ACCA or CIMA and have worked within a similar role.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite applications, in particular Microsoft Excel, and of a recognised accounting software package. Experience in using Sun Systems would be an advantage.
- Ability to work proactively and multi-task, both within a team and on an individual basis.
- Communicates clearly and efficiently within financial and non-financial areas.
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail and ability to work well under pressure.