Leading banking organisation are currently seeking for an Intern in their Operations Dept based in London. This is a fantastic opportunity to launch your banking career with Societe Generale.
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It’s personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like ‘hard work’ and ‘dedication’ together with ‘community’ and ‘respect’ has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it’s what makes us different. It’s what makes you different
- Administrative duties for Global Operations
- Assistance with ACP and Audit Admin recommendations requirements
- Responsibility for ensuring that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal Policies that relate to you, your business or other businesses for which you have any level of responsibility. It is your responsibility to ensure compliance with operational risk requirements (e.g. Golden rules, security policies and regulatory requirements).
- Responsibility for managing, controlling, preparing and escalating risk within the scope of your position.
- Responsibility for reading, understanding and complying with the Company’s Conduct and Standards and corresponding regulations. You will be notified of changes to policies in a timely manner through announcements and/or intranet updates.
- Act with integrity and due skill, care and diligence in carrying out your duties. Your actions should always be able to satisfy high standards of scrutiny.
- Observe proper standards of market conduct. Responsibility to ensure that you take reasonable steps to be fully aware of, understand and comply with all regulatory requirements from all regulatory bodies that are applicable to your business.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED
Skills: Basic Computer skills
Reports to: Global Head of Operations
LEVEL OF AUTONOMY:
DOES THE ROLE INVOLVE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING (include a brief description):
- Taking orders from customers:
- Yes No.
- Advising/recommending trades to customers:
- Yes No.
- Issuing documentation to customers (reports, confirmations, statements, agreements, etc)
- Yes No.
- Controlling client assets (e.g. money or securities)
- Yes No
The Job Description will be maintained by the Business Line Head.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment