Date/Time: 04/06/2018 @ 19:00 – 21:00
No matter how much you want to make changes to your career at midlife, sometimes it can be hard to get started. … And sometimes once you’re exploring a new path you can get ‘stuck’. If any of this rings true for you, I invite you to our ‘reboot cafe’!
This online ‘reboot cafe’ is a brand new format which gives you the opportunity to bring your career reboot challenges (even your thorniest ones!) along, and get fresh perspectives, insights and solutions. You can bring any type of challenge to the cafe – as long as it’s related to reinvigorating or reinventing your career at midlife. For instance you may be wondering how to get clearer on what you want to do in your next phase, you may be concerned about how a transition period might affect your finances, you may lack confidence or be procrastinating.
Different parts of you may be ‘at war’; part of you craving new adventures and part of you not wanting to risk you comfort and security, or you may want to explore your hopes and fears around making a change… or perhaps it’s something else for you? You can bring whatever is live for you right now.
The group will be limited to 8 participants, and the time will be shared equally between everyone’s challenges. (If you don’t have a particular challenge but would just like to experience the support of being at the reboot cafe – that’s OK too). Everyone will be asked to commit to keeping the content of this session confidential.
You will receive help on your specific challenge. Depending on the nature of that challenge you will either be helped to come up with new solutions yourself (facilitated help). Or you will receive specific references, resources or information to tap into (directive help). These might include tools, techniques, models and data sources. Whatever your challenge you’ll be in a non-judgmental, accepting space.
You’ll be in the company of like-minded professionals who have the accumulated wisdom and insights of their professional work experience. Which will likely also help you to feel supported.
Included in this meeting :-
• A safe supportive space to share what’s holding you back from rebooting your career, and where you can also open your mind and explore options freely, with no pressure to consider bigger changes than you want. You’ll feel heard, and no longer alone with your uncertainty or indecision.
• You’ll receive appropriate support depending on the issue, which might include; help to solve the challenge, fresh perspectives on it, insights and signposting to resources. This will save you the time of looking for sources of help yourself, and from wrestling further with the challenge.
• Facilitated group exercises – where they are relevant to a challenge – so that you can reframe your challenge, gain new insight and practise new attitudes and behaviours that will build your motivation and self-belief and help you on your journey.
• Help to tap into more of your personal resources including your creative thinking. You’ll increase your confidence, gain insight and develop more options.
• Opportunity to hear from others facing reboot challenges, you’ll likely feel connected to others who are making changes, which can increase your motivation and energy levels.
• You’ll get fresh ideas to free you from ‘stuck’ and get moving forward again towards that more fulfilling role, those increased rewards for your skills, that more flexible work… or whatever it is YOU want to achieve through making changes to your career.
About Careers Reinventors 40+
Career Reinventors 40+ helps midlife professionals to reinvigorate or reinvent their careers to find more meaningful satisfying and rewarding work.
Midlife professionals face external pressures from globalisation, organisation restructuring and increasing automation and artificial intelligence, this can leave professionals feeling overworked, unappreciated and insecure. In addition, just as psychologist Carl Jung identified; by the age of forty, many people question what they want from their lives and what they want from their careers. Everyone’s heard of the so-called ‘midlife crisis’. Jung attributed it to a ‘search for meaning’ and also a need to live a more ‘authentic’ life. This can lead to people wanting to develop and use talents that they may have previously neglected, and perhaps pursue a new career path.”
Midlife professionals need to discover personal strategies, and develop individual career reinvigoration and reinvention plans – and that’s what Career Reinventors 40+ supports them to do.”
About Trudy Lloyd BA(hons), MBA, MCIM
Trudy Lloyd is an award-winning professionally qualified career coach, business coach and facilitator.
With over 25 years’ experience in large and small organisations, consultancies and having started her own businesses, Trudy understands how professionals need to find a working environment where they can channel their talents, connect with others and feel a sense of belonging. She helps people to stand back from the chaos of their busy working lives, and to uncover what they really want, how work fits into their world, and how they can succeed in all areas of their lives.