WACL is a wonderful club for the most influential women in the UK Communications Industry.
Women in Advertising and Communications, London (WACL) has been in existence since 1923. It currently consists of 265 of the most senior women from the fields of advertising and communications, marketing, media and associated trade bodies. Current members include Dame Carolyn McCall CEO of ITV, Nicola Mendelsohn, VP EMEA Facebook and Dame Cilla Snowball, Retired Group CEO & Group Chairman AMV BBDO, among others.
- Prestigious speaker dinners for members and their guests.
- Members’ events such as: House of Commons advertising debate, talks for aspiring NEDs.
- Charity fundraising: £1.35M raised in 10 years. 2015-16 charities are NABS & Breast Cancer Now.
- The Future Leaders’ Award: training bursaries for young women.
- Gather and Gatherings: inspirational events to help develop female talent.
- Influencing: on issues affecting women at all stages of their careers.