Women in Plastics is a professional initiative that recognises achievement, encourages development and supports diversity and equality across the plastics industry.
It seeks to achieve a fair, equal and inclusive industry that provides the opportunities for every individual, at all levels, to reach their career potential.
The key aspects of the initiative are:
- To profile and recognise the women in the industry that are a source of inspiration to others.
- To learn from their stories, share their successes and showcase the key skills and attributes that women in leadership positions bring.
- To equip women at all levels with the tools, information and opportunities they need to reach their personal and professional potential.
- To organise inclusive industry events providing training, opportunities for mentoring, personal development and networking.
- To support companies in achieving true gender diversity and inclusion through events, best practice and encouraging shared learning.
- To recognise and reward those individuals and companies that are leading the way in the diversity and equality agenda in the plastics industry.
- To encourage new talent into the industry through partnering with external agencies and organisations to highlight the career opportunities in plastics
Established in 2014, Women in Plastics has grown in size and presence and has an engaged following. It has successfully hosted events, delivered guest programmes and presentations within the wider industry, and collaborated with other initiatives.
Joining the community is free and provides access to the monthly newsletter, information about upcoming events and information about Women in Plastics’ work. To subscribe, please click here.